Noble Member

Oh my god I'm coming over to cuddle it RIGHT NOW

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 3, 2021 1:08 am
T-bone reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

@t-bone Now if we could just have pics of your puppy in your spyder, life would be complete.  🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 3, 2021 11:10 am
T-bone reacted
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

Yes, I know it is a 1962. I have never seen one in person. I did however, have a 1964 hardtop. I wonder if any others are still functional? It does look cool!

This post was modified 3 years ago by DesertWanderer

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 4, 2021 12:46 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Thats really cool. There were a lot of technologies in the past like variable valve timing and CVT transmissions that were innovative for the time but it has taken many years later to be widely implemented in modern cars.  Those car engineers were smart for their time and did things out of the box. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2021 1:47 pm
T-bone reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I went to the local Toyota stealership over the weekend to purchase 1DO touch-up paint pen for my 1D0 hard top.  It was interesting to me -- and a sign of the times --  when the sales person said it is not a very common color and that they would have to special order it for me.  I remember when I was a younger man and 1DO was one of the most common colors Toyota had in their stable.  What's next?  040 Super White?!!!  Please say it isn't so!  😢 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 8:12 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @uncle-mush

I went to the local Toyota stealership over the weekend to purchase 1DO touch-up paint pen for my 1D0 hard top.  It was interesting to me -- and a sign of the times --  when the sales person said it is not a very common color and that they would have to special order it for me.  I remember when I was a younger man and 1DO was one of the most common colors Toyota had in their stable.  What's next?  040 Super White?!!!  Please say it isn't so!  😢 

Toyota changed a lot of its colors in 2003. The 1D0 is the old silver and the only orders I got for that color apart from our car and  Toyota trucks that wanted bumper plugs. 

You would think it would still be popular considering how many old Toyota trucks are on the road but I have a feeling paint touch up is the least of their concerns considering they are probably the only trucks these days used as a truck.  The most odd ball thing is despite being used roughly they are still worth something after all these years and continue to hold their value because cheap replacement parts keep them on the road. 

Regarding trucks I hear that Mercedes service vehicles like trucks and vans are very reliable and built very well. I just cant understand why their cars are poorly engineered. Those old Merc cars from the 70s were very well made and they tend to hold their value for collectors but the 90s to 2k cars end up as scrap. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 9:31 am
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Get ready for impact. China Evergrande is going to crash. I hope not but if it does there is goes. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 11:20 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
C17E04F3 90EC 4146 AED0 816EAE840670
8F895DA6 C32B 4B26 B0A0 01B0126BE118

Tossed this one out today (pouring rain)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2021 5:42 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Very small world. I seen this story on the news today as I am sure some of you might have also.  

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/emergency-crews-responding-small-plane-crash-near-san-diego-nbc-affiliate-2021-10-11/

My Uncle is visiting from Arizona and after a few hours he got the news that its someone he knows well that crashed the aircraft. It turns out he is a cardiologist that owns five planes as a hobby. He was telling me the guy worked very hard to have it all waking up at 3AM every day and with one foolish stroke lost it all because they will probably go after his estate and all the equity for the people who died and the ones that were injured, not to mention the property damage. His kids are attending very good schools. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2021 10:39 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

@dev Wow I was just watching that on the news. Are we sure at this point it was pilot error and not something health related or mechanical? I am sure the people in those homes are upset to be sure but I was not under the impression this was a negligence situation by the pilot. Hope everyone involved can heal from this and remind people who play the lottery that the odds of being killed in your home by something falling from the sky are pretty equivalent.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2021 11:51 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @t-bone

@dev Wow I was just watching that on the news. Are we sure at this point it was pilot error and not something health related or mechanical? I am sure the people in those homes are upset to be sure but I was not under the impression this was a negligence situation by the pilot. Hope everyone involved can heal from this and remind people who play the lottery that the odds of being killed in your home by something falling from the sky are pretty equivalent.

I don't really know. All I know is my Uncles circle of friends in Yuma who are mostly physicians called him to spread the news about an hour after I seen it on the news. The cardiologist that died  did the pacemaker for my Aunt and was his mother in laws cardiologist and a family friend. 

I just dropped them off about an hour ago to the airport and they got word they couldn't find any of his remains probably because he was incinerated.  They told me he   worked in Yuma but had his family in San Diego and would visit them on the weekends.  They said he worked himself silly  because he believed he got a late start in life but also had flying as a hobby and whenever he had a few hours he would take off to the air port to fly one of his five planes.  

When I heard this I thought the guy was stupid for working so hard when he has achieved more than most.  He could have spent more time with his family and still live a luxurious life.   

It just got me thinking of the degrees of separations between all of us. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2021 3:25 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I was reading the latest on it out of curiosity and it is speculation from a flight instructor based on the communication that he may have been disoriented and didn't know which side was up. Same thing happened to JFK jr.  Probably didn't pay attention to the artificial horizon indicator when the flight controller told him to elevate. My Uncle basically said after the insurance pays up the lawyers will probably go after the rest of his equity for the remaining since he is made of money. Must have been some cardiologist to own five aircraft and a few houses, probably saved many more lives then he took. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2021 5:49 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

@dev average cardiologists pull in north of 600K/year and that is without bonuses that sit on top of their practice plans. They work hard to be sure but that is ridiculous money. I know a few couples who are both cardiologists that will certainly put you in the lets by an airplane business. Flying (piloting ) must be great fun but the margins for error are pretty steep. I watch a lot of the Smithsonian channel and one of the series Mayday airplane disasters is one I catch more often than not. the focus is on the detective work figuring out what went wrong. It also makes me think of Xbiker and his tragedy in the sky. Makes me wonder if the reason air travel is so much safer than car travel is that less people do it themselves. Fingers crossed that they do not skewer the pilot family. Not  knowing for sure if it was a medical emergency some critical mechanical error or a human mistake. will hopefully keep the compensations restricted to insurance claims and that personal litigations will be avoided. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2021 12:01 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I also was thinking of Xbiker.  I think Air travel might be safer but only for commercial aircraft especially planes like the 747 that have an incredible safety record. There are also many safe guards with air traffic control especially the fly by wire systems for landing.  With these smaller aircraft and helicopters I assume in inexperienced hands of enthusiasts it might not be the best thing if it isn't your full time job where the more number of hours behind the wheel matters. 

I found it interesting that Bruce Dickerson of Iron Maiden became  a commercial aircraft pilot that can fly the 747.  When the band got back together they got one on loan and were able to do their world tours with it. 

?w=980&q=75

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2021 10:46 am
T-bone reacted
Page 31 / 48
Share: