Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 30 / 47
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I'm not a bougie man in terms of beer. I will happily drink an 805 or a Corona Extra. But I do like me some fancy beers. Favorite beer is Hitachino Nest White Ale, followed by Allagash White. But if there's a sour on the menu I always try it. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2021 9:30 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @dev

I got me another toy for the yard. I have to cut down a good number of branches because of overgrowth and it is taking forever. The Milwaukee poll chainsaw has been a  blessing but the majority of time is having to cut all the small branches after the limb is down on the ground and empty them into the bin. When I use the chain saw its overkill and cumbersome tiring to wield because it is heavy and awkward, and has to cut though with very little support being at ground level with the bar hitting ground making the mud kick up. 

There has to be a better way so I searched on Amazon and found this amazing pruning tool. Because of brushless motors and lithium batteries it has the torque to cut though 1.4" branches like it was butter but that is not why its great. It can articulate that action in a matter of seconds without having to wait for the blades to open again. Its so fast and so powerful that it is a major time saver. Just need to watch my fingers and go at a steady pace. 

The video is for the 1.2 inch version and I have the 1.4 inch and I have tested it on branches that are larger and it cuts right though without straining. This is one of those tools that makes you think how awesome lithium power tools can be as a game changer for time consuming tasks. 

I had never seen anything like that -- I don't get out much.  That thing is awesome!  I gotta get me one of those and save my aging hands from more pain.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2021 12:15 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @uncle-mush
Posted by: @dev

I got me another toy for the yard. I have to cut down a good number of branches because of overgrowth and it is taking forever. The Milwaukee poll chainsaw has been a  blessing but the majority of time is having to cut all the small branches after the limb is down on the ground and empty them into the bin. When I use the chain saw its overkill and cumbersome tiring to wield because it is heavy and awkward, and has to cut though with very little support being at ground level with the bar hitting ground making the mud kick up. 

There has to be a better way so I searched on Amazon and found this amazing pruning tool. Because of brushless motors and lithium batteries it has the torque to cut though 1.4" branches like it was butter but that is not why its great. It can articulate that action in a matter of seconds without having to wait for the blades to open again. Its so fast and so powerful that it is a major time saver. Just need to watch my fingers and go at a steady pace. 

The video is for the 1.2 inch version and I have the 1.4 inch and I have tested it on branches that are larger and it cuts right though without straining. This is one of those tools that makes you think how awesome lithium power tools can be as a game changer for time consuming tasks. 

I had never seen anything like that -- I don't get out much.  That thing is awesome!  I gotta get me one of those and save my aging hands from more pain.

Modern technology is amazing. there are some cheap ones on Amazon that work OK but I wanted one that works really well so I spent a little more because most of the grunt work is cutting up a good number of branches and packing them in trash bins for weekly pickup. I wanted the one that can cut the thickest so there is less chainsaw work.  Now that I’ve been using it I can’t tell you how much of a time saver it is. I have about five trash bins that I fill up every week for collection. It usually takes me a few days to fill them having to use a chainsaw and lopper. 
Today I filled up all five bins in less than two hours. 
It says up to 1.4 inches thickness but I was able to cut some that were 2 inches thick and it was faster than a chain saw. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2021 12:52 am
Uncle Mush reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Installed some Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs on the Mazda. They're mild springs, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm so thrilled with the look. Paired with the wider wheels, it's just... perfect. It's what I always wanted in a daily, a flush but functional look.

IMG 20210711 203504 2
IMG 20210711 203423 2
IMG 20210711 203453 2

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 13, 2021 12:57 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Since Ebay has split from PayPal I was a little upset since I now need a bank routing number for payments to be deposited and there is a delay before payments are sent and received by my bank however this is a blessing in disguise. All of the cheat accounts and multiple accounts are gone. Many have deactivated their accounts and now its just legitimate sellers. I now have less competition and I am getting more money and my items are selling quickly. I also do not have to pay double fees which is Ebay fees and then PayPal fees.  Im sure EBay is losing money on this but I think it will bring confidence back to eBay for legitimate sellers and buyers to do business like it was before.  

In the past it was hell dealing with dead beat sellers and buyers that had multiple accounts. Also gone are the low ballers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2021 4:01 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

Cool!

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 22, 2021 10:53 pm
CSPIDY, Uncle Mush and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Thanks for that. It just goes to show there is so much information on film than what most people previously thought but it was not seen because the technology was not there to view it. These 4 and 8k translations make it feel like you are time traveling back into the past to see how things really were instead of the foggy view making everything look old timey.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 8:58 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Amazing that there is no center line painted down the middle of Wilshire Boulevard.  I guess back in those days everyone had to actually pay attention to traffic to decrease the likelihood of an accident . . . well . . . that and a lot of ahhhoooga horn honking.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2021 11:23 am
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

2JZ in South Africa.........

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2021 12:41 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Probably one of the most well built engine ever made. Its impressive that Toyota overbuilt the motor and it wasn't so tuners could make it faster.  I have a feeling they will start manufacturing replacement blocks and heads like they do the do with small block Chevys.  Inline 6 cylinder is my favorite engine configuration even over V8s however I think its pretty amazing that the new Corvette Z series will feature a flat crank V8 like what Ford did with the Mustang.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2021 10:46 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @spyderpez

Who likes craft beer?  What is your favorite style?

Sours are my style choice.  The two best breweries in my little area that make sours are:

Ellipses Brewing in Orlando https://www.ellipsisbrewing.com/

Arkane Aleworks in Largo http://www.arkanebeer.com/

Both make so many different sour brews all the time and will each have about 4-5 available at the tasting room at all times.

I do

I have evolved into an IPA person and still like stouts which were my first love. anything hoppy gets my attention. I'm ok with slightly malty stuff too. Not a fan of wheats and sours but will have one in a pinch 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2021 12:52 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I love IPA. It seems that most of the beer shelfs are stocked with mostly IPAs these days. 

The best one I have had is the Sierra Nevada and next would be the Sam Adams IPA.  The Dogfish which they heavily advertise is crap. 

You have to love rich people that buy expensive things. When it comes time to sell they list them on EBay for a quick sale. Most people do not see these listings because once they are up someone will buy it quick. There are stalkers that make a living trying to scoop up items like this only to resell for much more. 

I scored a like new lens for cheap. If I wasn't quick with the payment button someone else would have. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2021 11:30 am
T-bone reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
IMG 2573

You truly know you are a special person when the weeds on your walking path are actually rogue tomatoes. Losing a few to critters but so far its been a boon

IMG 2574

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2021 3:17 pm
dev and Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I got a sweet deal for a lens on eBay but unfortunate if its too good to be true it probably is.  I do not want to judge the seller prematurely but I have a strong feeling they were trying to unload a defect they hope would not be noticed by the buyer and I am not a typical buyer of photography equipment.  I love this lens but I cant keep it even if they discount it because I worry that it will damage the focusing motor. These motors are unique as they use ultrasonic vibration rings to move the lens elements quickly and stop on a dime. 

Hopefully the return process will be painless.  Typically I don't end up with bad lenses bought on EBay except one other time from a retailer. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2021 10:47 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

yes that is a big ass colander of raspberries form this morning. Tomatillo's are now salsa

IMG 2626
IMG 2628

O I drove my spyder to work today lovely weather 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2021 11:41 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Page 30 / 47
Share: