Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 48 / 48
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

My new toy of the month. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C9GR791B/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The prices on these borescopes have come down a lot. This one is useful because it has an articulating head and its own high resolution IPS screen. 

I was changing the oil yesterday on the Lexus so I stuck it in the oil fill hole to see if my engine oil is keeping the motor clean and it is. 

IMG 006

I then set out to diagnose a common issue with these UR series engines  which is the valley plate leak. It is a leak at the heat exchanger under the intake manifold due to the sealant packing.  It will have to be fixed at some point down the road with new packing.  

IMG 014

Apart from that this is an invaluable tool. The last two that I had over the years was good but it wasn't great like this one. There are many sold on Amazon that are similar but this is the most reviewed and considered a solid inexpensive purchase. 

I cant wait to use it to see inside a cylinder to see the amount of bore scoring and then articulate the head 180 degrees upwards to see the valves. 

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by dev
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2024 12:12 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Uncle Mush do you have a photo of how it connects to the actual control board or whatever the batteries go to? I'm not entirely following. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2024 1:49 am
Page 48 / 48
Share: