Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2024 Indiana Meet...

Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

For anyone interested, the '24 Indiana Meet will be Saturday, June 1. I'm not sure if it'll be South Central(starting in Spencer), South East(starting in Madison) or Southern IN(starting in New Albany). I've not driven South East in a long time, so I'll definitely get down there and check out the roads.
If anyone is interested, I can plan a visit to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Friday, May 31. The Hall of Fame Museum is closed for renovations, but bus rides around the track are still happening. The cost; adults, 16+=$15, seniors, 62+=$14, Veterans and active duty military(with proof of service)=$8, youth(6-15)= $8 and kids(<6)= free.

Have a Safe, Happy New Year 🍾

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Topic starter Posted : January 1, 2024 5:30 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

For the Spencer start, anyone thinking of arriving Friday, the Canyon Inn in McCormick's Creek State Park is very reasonably priced and nice...nothing special, but nice and comfortable. It's also very near Spencer and the start of the driving roads, IN43. Staying in Bloomington IN is also an option. There are many hotels/inns/etc there, and many eating opportunities. In '21, many of us ate at The Irish Lion(a similar vibe to "Cheers"), Friday evening. The food and atmosphere was good.

Saturday morning breakfast would probably be at the Crossroads 46 Diner in Spencer. Very small town, homey, not fancy, but very good eatery(we ate there in '21).

Any questions, post here or by pm.

Enjoy.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 2, 2024 7:43 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Sounds great!  But I'm working on another family summer trip this year and all funds will need to go to that.  I will definitely make it one of these years though.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2024 3:38 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Thought I'd pop in and make sure I was still thinking of the meet. Winter has finally reared its ugly head in Central Indiana, and I wish it was gone :( 😕
Everyone be safe!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 18, 2024 7:29 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Galo 

just want to mention I am considering attending

it has been a long winter

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2024 10:05 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

That would be great, Dave! I need to contact the Canyon Inn to see if there are volume discounts. If memory serves me correctly, there can be as many as 7 people per a double queen room...probably have to be real good friends 🤔 

I drove thru your area Sunday and Monday, to Princeton Junction NJ and back. I bought a set of wheels(for my autocross tires) from a young man who's moved to Seattle. I wanted to get there, get the wheels, then get home, or I would have tried to setup a meeting/meal. Overall, a long drive, but helping the young man was worth it.

Anyway, I'll post more info as the next few weeks go by. I also need to contact the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, hoping to get our cars on the track...if only I could talk directly with Roger Penske...

I hope all has been well with you and yours.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 22, 2024 6:39 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I've decided to move away from trying to get on IMS on Friday, May 31...BUT, the SCCA is hosting a CAM(Certified American Muscle) event the weekend of the meet, at Grissom Aeroplex between Kokomo and Peru IN. Apparently, they will be running Friday, 5-31, soooo, if anyone is planning on getting in Indy early Friday, and interested in attending, or possibly running/competing on Friday. I attended a CAM event in 2018, and there were many NON CAM cars running, like a regular SOLOII event.
Anyway, it's just a thought...I'm going to go there on Sunday after the meet...maybe running my car.

Enjoy!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2024 11:12 pm
LordTakuban reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

These plans sound awesome!  I have a big summer trip already setup so I won't be able to make this one this year (again).  But hopefully, I'll be up there at some point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2024 4:26 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Blah blah blah...same ol' same ol'... 😆 🤣 😉 😉

I'm just giving up on IMS. I have a neighbor who WORKS for INDYCAR/IMS...I ask him last year to see if I could contact Roger Penske directly, never heard a word. His, now late, driver Gil de Ferran won the 2003 Indy 500...I was trying to get IMS/INDYCAR interested in having a Spyder event in honor of the 20th Anniversary last year; nothing, nada, nyet, crap crap crap... Sooo, I was thinking "let's have an event honoring his passing", but I'm just not going to try.

I do hope you and your family have a great time! Maybe someday I'll get you up here for the Indiana Spyder Meet(before I kick off... 😊).

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 13, 2024 6:36 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Posted by: @galo

Blah blah blah...same ol' same ol'... 😆 🤣 😉 😉

I'm just giving up on IMS. I have a neighbor who WORKS for INDYCAR/IMS...I ask him last year to see if I could contact Roger Penske directly, never heard a word. His, now late, driver Gil de Ferran won the 2003 Indy 500...I was trying to get IMS/INDYCAR interested in having a Spyder event in honor of the 20th Anniversary last year; nothing, nada, nyet, crap crap crap... Sooo, I was thinking "let's have an event honoring his passing", but I'm just not going to try.

I do hope you and your family have a great time! Maybe someday I'll get you up here for the Indiana Spyder Meet(before I kick off... 😊).

haha.  Yes.  And hopefully, I'll make it up there in my Spyder.  However, I won't make that a requirement.  Worst case once I'm able to make the trip is that I'll fly up and rent a car.  But I'd like to have my own car up there with me.  It will make it an adventure.  haha.  Although, with most of the recent mods, I don't have a lot of storage space and would likely need to pull my autox trailer.  hahahah.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2024 2:29 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, 9 weeks til meet time.

The CAM/XS event Friday schedule is a "test 'n tune" day, would probably cost the full $40 "entry" for non CAM/XS competitors. IF one is interested, let me know, and I'll explain how you can get "entered/registered" if you're not knowledgeable in this area(SCCA members would know). One needs to wear an approved helmet, Snell M or SA2010 or newer, or FIA approved...there should be loaner helmets for those not having an approved helmet. I had to buy a new helmet, since the one I used in '08-'09 is an M2005, for my auto crossing this year...such is life 🙂 

Enjoy!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 1, 2024 1:53 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, 6 1/2 wks til the meet...anyone coming, post here and pm/conversation me...I'll give you my contact info.
If you're staying over night;
1... and coming Friday, 5-31, we can meet up and get a bite to eat, or not..
2...and coming Saturday, 6-1, we can meet up for breakfast, either at McCormick's Creek St Park/The Canyon Inn, Crossroads 46 Dinner in Spencer, or...?

My wife and I are planning on staying at The Canyon Inn Friday night. For this location, I usually drive down Saturday morning, unless people are coming Friday, like in '21(CSPIDY, DrakeW and wifey Kim).

Enjoy

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 17, 2024 3:32 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, to make sure it's clear...The meet is Saturday, June 1st, starting in Spencer IN. Breakfast will be at Crossroads 46 Diner in Spencer. If "you" plan on eating breakfast, the diner opens at 6AM. The driving start will be around 9AM +/-. This gives 3 hours of eating, talking and/or looking at our cars. We will be doing the drive South to 1 of 2 late lunch destinations; Casa Sevilla Mexican Restaurant in Bloomfield IN or Smokin Jim's BBQ and Steakhouse in Bedford IN. We'll discuss at breakfast.

Any questions, shoot me a pm or post here.
Enjoy!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 25, 2024 7:36 pm
Share: