Share:
Notifications
Clear all

I know it's late, but...

Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I recently had cataract surgeries and wasn't sure when my vision would be totally back. Well, my vision, after the surgeries(check out "cataract surgery using multifocal IOL"), is great, much more quickly than I imagined it could/would.
Sooooo, if anyone is interested, I can get an Indiana meet set-up. I've reviewed previous "route instructions/directions", and can set-up a route in South Central, Southern or South Eastern IN.
Now, the probable date; Saturday, October 7. I don't want to do a meet later than this, if one at all, due to the roads being congested with cars filled with people looking at the "changing Fall leaves".
Again, I know this doesn't give a lot of time to "plan". I'm going to a good bit of driving the next few days to checkout the road conditions. My plan is to have a location and route no later than the coming weekend.
Soooo, any interest?

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Topic starter Posted : August 28, 2023 9:12 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, the date will be Saturday, October 7th, in New Albany IN. I will be driving there Friday, 10-6, and spend the night(maybe Saturday night too) at The Hampton Inn New Albany/Louisville West, I64 & West Spring St. Breakfast will probably be at Wild Eggs New Albany, about 1 block from the HI. The route will be IN111 South from the HI, to Doolittle Hill Rd SE, to IN11-IN337-IN62 to Sulphur-IN66, to Wall's Drive In/Cannelton. We may eat in Cannelton, but I'm really wanting to head back toward NA to The Overlook in Leavenworth(no, not that Leavenworth lol). My wife and I have eaten there, and really enjoyed it. After arriving at Wall's Drive In, we'll turn around and head back on the same route. For those familiar with the Cherohala Skyway in North Carolina, this route is just as good.
This will be happening, rain or shine.
Keep in mind Saturday, June 1, 2024. I will be organizing the Indiana Meet for the traditional time, the weekend after Memorial Day. I know lead time is typically necessary for time off from work or "other stuff to do", so if you think you're interested, do what you need to do. I'll re-post this as time moves on. The area and route may be different, as there are at least 3 separate areas and routes, West-South Central/South Eastern and South, that are great drives with good eating opportunities.
Enjoy.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 30, 2023 6:11 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

That sounds awesome!  Beginning of June is usually tricky for me.  But I might actually have a running and reliable MR-S at that point.  Plenty of time to get it tuned and hopefully shave some weight off of the driver before heading on a long trip.  🙂

The October one sounds cool too.  But I would have to fly up for that and ride along with people or chase in a rental car.  haha.  No commitment yet, but I will see what my schedule is like.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 31, 2023 4:54 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @lordtakuban

That sounds awesome!  Beginning of June is usually tricky for me.  But I might actually have a running and reliable MR-S at that point.  Plenty of time to get it tuned and hopefully shave some weight off of the driver before heading on a long trip.  🙂

The October one sounds cool too.  But I would have to fly up for that and ride along with people or chase in a rental car.  haha.  No commitment yet, but I will see what my schedule is like.

Uh, drop phatts a message...I'm sure he has a Spyder or 2 that runs. Fly to Indy, I'll get you to the Spyder graveyard...hey, one never knows...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 1, 2023 1:01 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Posted by: @galo

Posted by: @lordtakuban

Uh, drop phatts a message...I'm sure he has a Spyder or 2 that runs. Fly to Indy, I'll get you to the Spyder graveyard...hey, one never knows...

I like it!  I need to check with the wife and kid to make sure there isn't some random thing that is already scheduled for me.  And I'll need to make sure I can take that time off of work.  And seeing Phatts collection in person is definitely on my bucket list!  hahaha.

I will keep you posted.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 1, 2023 2:55 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I said in the op that breakfast would be at Wild Eggs. I forgot that the Hampton Inn has an "included/free breakfast". The restaurant area isn't that big, but the food is decent, for a not fancy restaurant in a hotel. I'm not advocating either, just stating facts.

Enjoy.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 3, 2023 12:10 am
LordTakuban reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

DISREGARD THE "HOUSE RENTAL" POST.

There has been no response, so I'm not going to act further on checking this out.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2023 7:22 pm
LordTakuban reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I'm not going to be able to make it to the upcoming October one due to scheduling.  But I will make it to one of these eventually.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 12, 2023 10:50 am
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Timing is everything...that's why I gave a 6 month heads-up for '24. I know it's a long way for you to travel, which makes it difficult. Hopefully someday...

Enjoy!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 12, 2023 4:14 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Just in case, 4 days after today. The breakfast location, Wild Eggs in New Albany, opens at 7:00 AM... I plan on being there a little before 7 AM and the actual driving will begin as close to 9:00 AM as possible.
Conveniently located, 1 block North or West, are Valero and a Circle K gas stations + 2 Marathon and 1 Shell between 1.5 & 2 miles East into New Albany.
For those planning on joining in, have a great, safe trip! For those not, enjoy whatever you are doing!
If you are planning to join in and have the need to contact me, send me a pm and I'll give you my cell #.
See you soon!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 3, 2023 10:54 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Howdy! I was tired after all the driving(getting older can be a pain, but I prefer it to the alternative!!!) and getting up Sunday morning to go to the Colts game(victory...yeeeehaaw), so I put off making a post til today.
The meet went as planned, with my wife and I and DrakeW & wife(unfortunately, puffaeh couldn't make it). As per the norm, the roads were great, the weather was a little on the cool side(40's), no moisture but abundant Sunshine. We did have a couple of deer interventions, but no damage to either the deer or our Spyders.
No "real" pics, just a couple DrakeW took at the Friday evening dinner and a couple in the Overlook parking lot. Our breakfasts at Wild Eggs in New Albany were so filling, we didn't do a late lunch/early dinner at The Overlook, but we did buy some delicious candy there.
I definitely won't be doing another October meet...the chance for cool weather is too great...I hated not being brave enough to drop the NEW top, but that's the way it goes.
As I stated previously, the 2024 meet will be June 1, and should start in Spencer IN(road construction/repairs/IU HillyHundred bike "ride", keep us from doing the drive from Spencer this year). I'll be posting more before the New Year.
Enjoy!

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 9, 2023 9:35 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Share: