Anyone up for an In...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone up for an Indiana meet, Saturday 6-4-22...

Page 1 / 3
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Well, are ya'? The first weekend after Memorial Day has been the traditional calendar slot for this meet, but last years "xbiker meet" was 9-25-21, just because.

So, IF anyone is interested, post here or pm me.

Enjoy!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Topic starter Posted : March 21, 2022 4:27 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, besides the date, Saturday 6-4-22, I'm thinking of having the meet in extreme Southern IN. It would be from New Albany IN to Owensboro KY...IN62 to IN66, IN66 to US231, US231 to US60, US60 to KY81/Parrish Ave(East side of Owensboro), then to the Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn(DrakeW says it's good eatin'!).

So, for those interested, food for thought(pun intended).

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 2, 2022 3:11 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

The date will be Saturday, 6-4, and it will be in Southern IN. I'm hoping to get down there to find a breakfast location in the New Albany area and drive the route.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 3, 2022 9:40 pm
CSPIDY and Uncle Mush reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Probably should say too...we can figure something out for after Owensboro, like drive back to the New Albany area, have dinner(if you haven't looked at a map, New Albany is just across the Ohio River from Louisville KY.) and yap, or, as phatts is always want to do...play jarts(if anyone has a "set") 😏 😏 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 6, 2022 3:39 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @galo

Probably should say too...we can figure something out for after Owensboro, like drive back to the New Albany area, have dinner(if you haven't looked at a map, New Albany is just across the Ohio River from Louisville KY.) and yap, or, as phatts is always want to do...play jarts(if anyone has a "set") 😏 😏 

Mark,

tell us more about the jarts

inquiring minds need to know 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2022 2:02 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @cspidy

Mark,

Dave, you'll have to ask phatts about jarts...but, if he'd volunteer to be the target... 🤔 😉 😉 🤣 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 13, 2022 4:13 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Mark,

Dave, you'll have to ask phatts about jarts...but, if he'd volunteer to be the target... 🤔 😉 😉 🤣 

🤪

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2022 8:13 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, SW-INDY and I drove to Southern Indiana/New Albany Saturday and drove the FANTASIC roads! I had never driven IN66, so it was an adventure...a very pleasant adventure!

We arrived at The Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn...the aroma outside was alluring. Now ya' gotta understand something...I'm not much into bbq, so bear with me on this. SW-INDY wasn't staying to eat, so I went in, got seated and asked my waitress what was "good", this being my first time "here". She said 98% of the customers got the buffet, so, I had the buffet(hey, 98% of their customers can't be wrong, right!?). I grabbed some chopped/pulled/shredded brisket, sliced pork, corn and mashed potatoes(with gravy). For dessert, I had banana pudding. Was it good? Yes. Was it worth the extra drive to Owensboro KY? Not so sure. Soooooooo...

I need your input. Please take the time to check out Google Maps(or whichever "maps" you use). From Wall's Drive In/Cannelton to The Overlook/Leavenworth is 50 miles, ~1hr(depends on how fast we drive, obviously). It's ~80.5 miles/1hr45min from the CircleK/I64&IN62 to Wall's Drive In. Adding the 50Miles/~1hr just mentioned, it's 130.5miles/~2hr35min(CKI64&IN62 to Wall's Drive In-Cannelton, then back to The Overlook/Leavenworth).

Please think about it and post your thoughts.

Good night...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 25, 2022 9:10 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

For me an xtra 50 miles would just be a little more fun

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 9:09 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Send SW-INDY/Larry a pm. He felt the same about the drive to the BBQ place.

Like I said, just asking 😀 

Also, make sure your brakes are in good shape! I've only ever smelled hot brakes bedding them in 😮 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 26, 2022 12:18 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Send SW-INDY/Larry a pm. He felt the same about the drive to the BBQ place.

Like I said, just asking 😀 

Also, make sure your brakes are in good shape! I've only ever smelled hot brakes bedding them in 😮 

Who uses brakes on a Spyder?

also not good when there are smells in bed

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2022 7:42 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I won't be ready this year.  *maybe* next year.  But that time frame is always unknown for me.  I hope there is a good turn out though and that lots of pics are taken.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2022 9:24 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Dave...brakes are our friend, like planning 😉 😉 😎 

Justin...of late, it's been from 2 to 5. We'll find out in 5 weeks.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 30, 2022 9:11 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Planning on coming out

just so disappointed about SADAS

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2022 8:25 am
Galo reacted
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

@cspidy - so I am out of the loop.  Where do you get your SADAS updates.  Last time I was there ...maybe 2019?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2022 4:04 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: