Anyone up for an In...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Anyone up for an Indiana meet, Saturday 6-4-22...

Page 2 / 3
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

@cspidy ...Cool, Dave. Any idea where you're staying? There is no truly convenient breakfast location, other than a Waffle House(West Spring St New Albany next to I64--smalll, but I love WH!) that is close to both a gas station(Valero) and Interstate access.. There is a highly recommended spot, but it's Interstate(TO the route starting point) & gas access isn't good, and it's "across town"(Geraldine's Kitchen 402 Wall St Jeffersonville)...I wish there was a Crossroads 46 Diner there.

At this moment, I'm planning on driving to New Albany Friday after work, overnighting both Friday and Saturday. I was beat after the "test drive" with SW-INDY...and I drove home from Owensboro, not New Albany...damn I was feeling old(DO NOT GO THERE 🤨 😠 😉 😉)...

4 weeks...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 7, 2022 10:46 am
CSPIDY reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

@rdawg here and spyderchit 

but there has been nothing, since 2019

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 7, 2022 10:18 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @galo

@cspidy ...Cool, Dave. Any idea where you're staying? There is no truly convenient breakfast location, other than a Waffle House(West Spring St New Albany next to I64--smalll, but I love WH!) that is close to both a gas station(Valero) and Interstate access.. There is a highly recommended spot, but it's Interstate(TO the route starting point) & gas access isn't good, and it's "across town"(Geraldine's Kitchen 402 Wall St Jeffersonville)...I wish there was a Crossroads 46 Diner there.

At this moment, I'm planning on driving to New Albany Friday after work, overnighting both Friday and Saturday. I was beat after the "test drive" with SW-INDY...and I drove home from Owensboro, not New Albany...damn I was feeling old(DO NOT GO THERE 🤨 😠 😉 😉)...

4 weeks...

I guess I should start looking into this

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 7, 2022 10:27 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

25 days 'til Friday, 6-3...

I've pretty much decided to eat breakfast at the Waffle House, because I'm staying at either the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn, both <1 block from the WH.

Also, I've decided to go ahead and have "lunch" at The Moonlite Bar-BQ Inn in Owensboro. I figure the 50 minute drive will be a "cool down" after the twisty drive there, and a "warm-up" for the drive back, IF we drive back on the same roads. We could take US231 to I64, drive a bit thru KY, then go North to I64 or take IN62 for the return to New Albany. This can be discussed at lunch.

Later...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 9, 2022 9:28 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Isn't that right around the Indy 500?  We (my wife, daughter, and I) were discussing going there for that.  That was a very loose and not well thought out plan.  But if we do end up going up there, I'll try to loop in a visit with you peeps as well.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2022 9:48 am
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

It's the weekend after THE 500. I do it then because all the LEO'S are worn out! Of the 10 or so meets, I don't think I've seen 1 LEO! Not that we're breaking the law... 😉 😉 🤨 🤔 🤪 

If you DO come up, you better give a heads-up! I don't know if Tony will have any available time tho.

Later

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 10, 2022 12:18 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @cspidy

4 weeks...)

Well, have you thought about it 🤔 😊  

I'm in the process of reserving a room at the Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday nights.

23 days 'til  Friday, 6-3, 24 days 'til Saturday 6-4(if one can't figure that out 😉 😉 😀)...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 11, 2022 8:26 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

It's been brought to my attention that there is an event going on "in the area"; the Blue River Paddle Fest(or something like that). This is happening Northwest of Corydon/North of I64. Driving shouldn't be a problem, but finding a room might be. I've already reserved a room in New Albany, so if "you" are coming to the meet and planning to spend the night, it might be a good idea to get it done, if you haven't already.

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 13, 2022 12:21 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

22 days...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 13, 2022 4:46 pm
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

I wish I could...

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 13, 2022 6:41 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @cspidy

4 weeks...)

Well, have you thought about it 🤔 😊  

I'm in the process of reserving a room at the Hampton Inn for Friday and Saturday nights.

23 days 'til  Friday, 6-3, 24 days 'til Saturday 6-4(if one can't figure that out 😉 😉 😀)...

Just need to secure a copilot

is Phats coming?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 13, 2022 10:44 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I wish you could too, t_j!

My last "conversation" with phatts seemed to be yes.

He, they, Randy & Dean, were done with Dean's Spyder, and Randy was finishing up on his Spyder(assuming the "widebody").

We are probably going to change the starting route to add some more, good twisties, going from New Albany to Corydon. Drake is going to check them out, to make sure the pavement is good. There are just so many good pavement twisties in Southern Indiana, no mountains or valleys, but very nice roads...at least as nice as what we were on last September. I've even thought about crossing into KY at Cannelton and driving KY 1389 to KY 144. On GoogleMaps, 1389 looks good.

Did I "say" 21 days... 😉 😉 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2022 10:27 am
turbo_jimbo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

20 days...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2022 3:25 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

DrakeW did a test drive of what is now the new 1st leg of the meet route. We'll be driving South on IN111 to Doolittle Hill Rd SE, then DHRSE to IN11, IN11 South/West to IN337, then IN337 North to Corydon. The rest of the drive to Owensboro KY is unchanged.

Thank you DW!!!

Oh, 15 days...

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2022 7:54 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Ok, more food thoughts. Since Mexican restaurants/food seem to be a norm for Spyder meets, I've "found" a few highly rated locations in New Albany, <1 mile from the Waffle House/Hampton Inn/Holiday Inn area. I'm leaning toward "Israel's Delicias" on E Spring, IF we are indeed interested in going that food direction. This could be a Friday or Saturday evening meal.
Again, food for thoughts :unsure:;);) 🤔 😉 😉 :unsure:;);)

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 21, 2022 1:32 pm
CSPIDY reacted
Page 2 / 3
Share: