IMG 6016
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2020 3:03 pm
grumpy reacted
RIA
 RIA
(@ria)
Estimable Member

Just found out that the 2016 Chevy spark (EV) has the same offset, stagger, and bolt pattern for the wheels as the pre Facelift mr2's

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2020 10:38 am
marsrock7 and T-bone reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I went for a drive with another Spyder owner on Friday after a very long time having my car sit all summer. I haven't washed it in two years and it developed a nice coat of dust.  After washing it, it was still shiny from the Ultima sealant still working.  Im still breaking in my tires so we went for a pleasure ride and stopped off for some pictures and coffee. The other local Spyder owner commented on how he likes how I did the exhaust though the bumper and said it looks more factory then how Toyota did it pointing to the back of his car and I told him he paid me a high complement because it has taken me years to figure out how to pull it off. 

As I was pulling out of the coffee shop to go home there were some young homies in the next car over yelling at me and telling me how much they liked my car.  I mean they were animated like they were cat calling at a construction site. I know it sounds conceded but I have been very fortunate that my car gets these complements every time I go out with people honking  their horn to get my attention with a thumbs up.  

It made me wonder if factory cars like a new Corvette get this kind of audience or is it that they know that my car isn't exactly factory or something they haven't seen before that grabs their attention.  Even the old ladies pass some cheese comment.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 10:19 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dev

...As I was pulling out of the coffee shop to go home there were some young homies in the next car over yelling at me and telling me how much they liked my car.  I mean they were animated like they were cat calling at a construction site. I know it sounds conceded but I have been very fortunate that my car gets these complements every time I go out with people honking  their horn to get my attention with a thumbs up.  

It made me wonder if factory cars like a new Corvette get this kind of audience or is it that they know that my car isn't exactly factory or something they haven't seen before that grabs their attention.  Even the old ladies pass some cheese comment.  

I have had people screaming at me when I'm stopped at a light and just recently was followed home by a guy in a BMW that wanted to know what it was. 

The best part of the discussion is when I tell them its an MR2, then they argue with me and tell me it not. 🤪 

Overall it is an inexpensive, and fairly unique, vehicle that does draw wanted and some unwanted attention.

I like it.  😀 

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 10:51 am
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @neomr2
Posted by: @dev

...As I was pulling out of the coffee shop to go home there were some young homies in the next car over yelling at me and telling me how much they liked my car.  I mean they were animated like they were cat calling at a construction site. I know it sounds conceded but I have been very fortunate that my car gets these complements every time I go out with people honking  their horn to get my attention with a thumbs up.  

I have had people screaming at me when I'm stopped at a light and just recently was followed home by a guy in a BMW that wanted to know what it was. 

The best part of the discussion is when I tell them its an MR2, then they argue with me and tell me it not. 🤪 

Overall it is an inexpensive, and fairly unique, vehicle that does draw wanted and some unwanted attention.

I like it.  😀 

I have had a few over the years get a little upset with me when I tell them its a Toyota. I think they think that Im purposely being conceded and treating them poorly in a mocking way.  I have had a few ask me how much it costs and when the number hits them they think Im pulling their leg with a get out of here buddy smirk.  

A long time ago sometime around 2002 at a meet I did a ride along with a guy that owned a gorgeous Black Ferrari Testarossa. Every shopping center we went to along the way was  crazy with people that looked like a dear in headlights or time just stoped as people were frozen in their tracks and the only thing I  noticed was their head slowly turning to follow the car.  It was an unconscious look, no smile but its as if they witnessed a miracle.  This was out in the rural areas of Maryland but I imagine in NY and California its business as usual.  When I was in that car I felt very self conscious having everyone stare so hard even though its not my car and I wasn't the one drive it. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 11:19 am
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

That's why I like driving the spyder, when you pass the SUV/minivan/kid hauler on the interstate or get beside them in traffic and that kid in the back seat is just looking at the car, it reminds me of when I was that little kid looking at some other enthusiasts car many years ago.  I usually give them a wave or head nod, sometimes a little rev and you can tell it made that kids day.

Driving the vette lately has a similar effect and you still get the people trying to race, except with the spyder it was useless, in the vette it's kinda pointless with most cars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2020 12:49 pm
Uncle Mush, TxBman and dev reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

new tire day for the Niro Conti Sport SRSs ride very comfy in the maiden voyage. Got 50K on the OEMs which I think were kumo's these are far more stable, quieter to be sure but that could have been the age and wear of the old ones. Thank you flat tire for getting me in upgrade mode. With winter coming when tires start going flat they all start giving trouble. Learned that from the mini cooper days.

IMG 1677

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 3:44 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Unbelievable shipping.  I ordered a used lens from a Japanese camera store that was shipped yesterday by Fedex. Its now on the delivery truck and coming before 12pm. Just in time for the car show I will be attending Saturday. 

This was not overnight delivery service, it was priority which takes 4-5 business days.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2020 9:55 am
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Drove the spyder for the first time in a month.  It was actually bittersweet, and I kind of feel bad for thinking it, but I'm probably going to slowly curb my spyder stuff and go down to just the K-swap spyder for a street/strip toy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2020 10:38 am
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Kona beans are almost done and I have new coffee coming. I will say Hawaiian Kona is no hype very solid coffee that lasts longer as far as not falling off its flavor as the beans age like the JBM. 

These EBay rosters are very good. My comparison  is from ordering from various so called "artisan roasters" around the country and roasting my own greens. There is a lot of fakery in this industry with a lot of boutique hype with themed crap but what is missing is what is in the cup. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 9:37 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@dev

I'm almost done with the JBM and have noticed the gradual decline in flavor over the last week, or 10 days. Well noted, get it and enjoy it quickly. There is no saving it. Gonna browse through the Macaw store and see what's the next to try. Kona is always worthy, but there are tons of options from around the globe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 1:18 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @marsrock7

@dev

I'm almost done with the JBM and have noticed the gradual decline in flavor over the last week, or 10 days. Well noted, get it and enjoy it quickly. There is no saving it. Gonna browse through the Macaw store and see what's the next to try. Kona is always worthy, but there are tons of options from around the globe.

I’m getting this next. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ethiopian-Yirgacheffe-Gourmet-Dark-Fresh-Roast-Coffee-Beans-2-1-Pound-Bags/133249785217?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=432802231626&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Yirgacheffe is an interesting coffee if it’s roasted right.  It taste like blue berry coffee but still has a good solid coffee foundation.  I only had one roaster that did it right but the rest were mild. Hopefully these guys can pull it off. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 1:31 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I just had my first cup of Yirgacheffe. Its the real deal.  The hints of blueberry are in the cup but its still a coffee.  Is it better than JBM or Kona no, however it is a good change or rotation that I need but still a very enjoyable coffee. I will say that I think I like the Kona better than the JBM even though the JBM is more flavorful and intense.  Its weird because you feel like its too much of a good thing and its better to tone down. 

If I had to be stuck with only one coffee I would place my bets on the Kona.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2020 10:29 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I saw this on Hemmings website today -- an article that discusses different car lifts for the home enthusiast.  I though it might be of interest to some of the rank and file of this site.  https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/reaching-new-heights?refer=news&utm_source=edaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-10-28

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2020 1:47 pm
marsrock7 reacted
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

@uncle-mush

Before I die I'll have a garage with a lift in it.  

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2020 9:10 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Page 22 / 48
Share: