Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 21 / 48
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Oh... my... lawd...

IMG 20200925 161954836 HDR

Driving this thing has been an experience.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2020 9:32 pm
T-bone reacted
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

In a good way or a bad way !!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 6:19 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Just got my JBM coffee in the mail today. Smelled fantastic as soon as I picked it up. It's 90F+ outside but I didn't want to wait. Hand ground a bit, put the pot on and got out the aeropress. This stuff is incredible... And it's just the first cup, I'm sure there's room for improvement. An intense profile and the flavors linger nicely. Strong as well, feels the caffeine kick before I was halfway into the cup.Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 6:39 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @marsrock7

Just got my JBM coffee in the mail today. Smelled fantastic as soon as I picked it up. It's 90F+ outside but I didn't want to wait. Hand ground a bit, put the pot on and got out the aeropress. This stuff is incredible... And it's just the first cup, I'm sure there's room for improvement. An intense profile and the flavors linger nicely. Strong as well, feels the caffeine kick before I was halfway into the cup.Β 

It will get smoother on day three. Β I have found that you should have a way to vacuum seal the beans otherwise the oils tend to dry up over a period of time.Β 

Β I have two of these. A small one and a large one and what I do is add a little every few days and replenish the small one which preserves the beans.Β 

https://www.amazon.com/Planetary-Design-Airscape-Storage-Canister/dp/B00167XN14/ref=sr_1_13?crid=NKLTC1FK7OU1&dchild=1&keywords=coffee+bean+container+vacuum&qid=1601160711&sprefix=coffee+bean+con%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-13

Β The JBM is just fantastic and the best beans that I have used. Its hard to describe but It reminds me of succulent goats fatty bone marrow.Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 6:57 pm
marsrock7 reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

I have various sizes of mason jars I use for beans and grounds. It's the little things!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 11:05 pm
dev reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @mrsponz

In a good way or a bad way !!

In the best way. Phenomenal car, performance wise.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2020 11:35 pm
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

The less I learned about my white Delrin shift knob in the Spyder is the stupid white reflection it puts off of my headunit.

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 12:27 am
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member

@dev

This is what I use' it holds slightly less than a pound of beans. If you look on Amazon you will see others that have more capacity. I like the date wheel on the top and replaceable filter. Works well for me.

Β 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYSNJGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 12:02 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Grumpy I use to use the ones that are airtight and they are good but I gave them up for the Airscape because they go a big step further. Β Its able to evacuate the air every time you use it which makes all the difference in the world with preserving the beans. Β I have had mine for over eight years with lots of use and the valve and seals work very well.Β 

Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 27, 2020 12:22 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

peppers are banging

IMG 1481D

Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 11:49 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

@haloruler64

Β 

LOL that car screams "give me a ticket already you doughnut eating fool"

πŸ˜‰

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 11:51 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

proof we are not tea drinkers. hope you can see the little tiny spider and her little tiny web in the handle of our tea kettle -pefect for thinning our fruit flies

IMG 1478D

Β 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2020 11:54 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: @t-bone

@haloruler64

Β 

LOL that car screams "give me a ticket already you doughnut eating fool"

πŸ˜‰

I'm so shocked I didn't get a ticket. That car is addicting. Awful straight piped exhaust. But it just BEGS to be pushed. I got onto this long bridge, and all the cars in front of me are in the right of two lanes. And I just floor it... and floor it. And hit 100 flying by everyone doing 50. It's EXHILARATING. I adore the Supra now.Β 

But I am an idiot and really did deserve a ticket hahaha.Β 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 28, 2020 4:17 pm
T-bone reacted
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member

Just had Β some Woodford Reserve for the first time in a few years. I have been making deals for Pappy Van Wrinkle for antique firearms for a few years with a distributor of Pappy for a number of years and trading for the Pappy, Now he went and retired. I still can get my Pappy but actually have to pay currency for it. I used to have a double of Pappy and anything after was Makers Mark cause it was OK for after the first double or triple of Pappys. Then I decided to try Woodford and it was great after the first double of Pappy, so tonight I tried the Woodford Reserve first. It was better than I remembered as the first drink. It still isn't Pappys but it is better than I remembered. From now on it is my second drink after the Pappys, and occasionally the first drink. It doesn't stand up with Pappys but it is a fine second choice. If I had to do without Pappys I could live with the Woodfords...But it ain't Pappy's. Close but not quite a cigar.

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2020 9:37 pm
T-bone reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

@grumpy I actually find my current bottles of Elmer T lee to excellent on par with Pappy 12 and 15 year. I have several bottles of Old Forester Birthday that would light your fire also (2014 is awesome).Β 

I am a buffalo trace guy to be sure and the Weller and Blantons never disappoint. When I am feeling spicy an eagle rare will also serve.Β 

For me the first one does it. #2 could be an old crow and my tastebuds would not know the difference especially if I am swilling a barrel strength bottle. the 90 proof sweet spot is my happy place for the most partΒ 

Β 

IMG 6096

Here is a pic of a party I had some years ago taste tests between 15 year and "poor mans pappy" a mix of Weller 107 & 12 year to get that magic 90 proofΒ 

same mash bill very close in taste miles away in costΒ 

Β 

(you should visit I drink lots)

Β 

IMG 1198
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2020 2:58 pm
scotched and grumpy reacted
Page 21 / 48
Share: