Page 2 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @marsrock7

#savethemanuals

#whocaresaboutpolarbears

Scary but there is some troubling truth to this now that automatics are more efficient. 
If they do make another MR2 its already going to suck. 

That hoovies garage guy on the YouTubes sold his Mclaren for an early manual Gallardo just because it was more fun to drive even though it is significantly slower. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 1:03 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @cspidy

@uncle-mush

I’m going out on a limb and say you are not on a Radom drug program

Well, for what it is worth, there is always the possibility of RANDOM DRUG TESTING where I reside,  but I will assume you may have imbibed enough before writing your quip to have missed seeing the word test was absent from your missive, implying that the program I am on promotes use of random drugs. 😛 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 1:20 am
pwnzor reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@uncle-mush

SKITTLES!

@dev

Yes it is quite sad, the options are getting slimmer by the day. Already the only manuals produced are sport trim cars where the simpler gearbox comes at a premium price, or bottom of the barrel budget cars that are absolutely gutless. 

Gone are the days of the engaged driver. Now it's all about comfort and infotainment 🥱😴

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 1:41 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

@uncle-mush

😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 9:15 am
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Dutch for ´The Frog´.

I only get enthusiastically positive responses; daíly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 9:39 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that our Spyders and the cut off year of 2010 for vehicles  are actually looking better as the years pile on. This is because new car designs are flat out ugly. I know people want the latest and greatest but this similar to a bad modern remake where they use the same legacy name from 30 years ago but butcher the car with an all female cast.  

I did get to see the new Supra at the Toyota dealership two weeks ago and it looks like an exaggerated cartoon caricature. When are the manufactures and movie makers who define culture are going to start making stuff for the time period instead of watered down old crap. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 11:45 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Just today:

Went out for the sound tracks and while warming up a taxi overtook us, slowed down, béépbéép, waving, thumbs up and off he went.

Stopped at the village pump for topping up gas. Bloke with a vintage Montessa got off and walked over for an chat venting his appreciation. 

Back on the provincial road a VW Golf sped up to overtake us. It was an R32!!! Slowed down, béébéép, VERY enthusiastic waving, a bit of sign language com and I sped after him. He gave me way to pass, I slowed down, both stopped and we had a fun chat.

After a wonderful ride over empty B-roads under the sun we stopped at a Venta for charcoal fire roasted ham. Enjoying wine with the ham on the terrace overlooking the car, it was HÍGHLY amusing to see most of the arriving guests walk over to the little frog, some taking photos.

The waiter asked about the car; told us he was car mechanic during the week and só prefered the older generation tech; very much liked mý car.

My charming company, whom had so sweetly cooperated with the Doppler recording, observed that the manga theme for sure helps lower thresholds because it is more fun, so obviously not serious, not austentacious.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2020 1:46 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: