Notifications
Clear all

Issues and Suggestions

Page 11 / 14
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

ok will keep lookout.. i'm on here every day so should be able to keep most of it at bay

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 7, 2019 9:43 pm
Galo reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2019 10:41 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @kamlung

ok will keep lookout.. i'm on here every day so should be able to keep most of it at bay

Same here.  I have identified some suspicious usernames over the last month. I’m ready to shut them down with making their posts invisible if they decide to hatch. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2019 10:45 pm
Galo reacted
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

@nottamiata

That's correct. Unfortunately, these are normally where the spam accounts are originating. Luckily, as DEV said, they aren't active and posting, and in most cases they aren't setting a password either. 

In most cases, the spam accounts are automated. This is where the software we're using is beneficial as well; It's not a standard PHP based web forum, rather the backend, while still php, is wordpress based and is vastly different in just about every way so the automated process that would normally be used will differ than what the "spambots" are familiar with.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 10:08 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

We actually did have one hatch much early on where it was  some kind of recruitment for India. I shut it down and since then we have been spam free but I would say at least 15% of our membership is potentially spam accounts. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 10:22 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 11:11 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Edited to keeping in line with the theme of the forum. 

Sorry about that.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 11:46 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 12:44 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Edited to keeping in line with the theme of the forum. 

Sorry about that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 2:48 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

... And this thread is about issues and suggestions with the site.  So any political bullshit can be shoved up your ass.  it doesn't belong here.

If you would like to report technical issues with the site, please post in here.  Otherwise, peddle your propaganda somewhere else.

If that sounded harsh, it was meant to sound that way.  This is NOT politi-chat.  It's a site for the MR2 Spyder.  There is likely a forum dedicated to people circle-jerking each other on political beliefs and biases.  Keep this garbage in those contained toilets.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 4:57 pm
haloruler64 reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @phats

How do you turn off the email notifications ? For people quoting or for private messages ....

I ask this a while back ... never did see an answer . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 5:41 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

How do you turn off the email notifications ? For people quoting or for private messages ....

I ask this a while back ... never did see an answer . 

Unfortunately, I don't know if there is a way to do that.  Some of these features may need to get compiled into a list and then possible developed in house (possibly by me if I can find the time).

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 8:15 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I just PM-ed Patrick, KaM and Dev about a suspicious poster, and that "suspicious name" is now gone...AND, it was in the "New users intro" forum, not the main. Sorry about that

Guys, was I seeing things...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2019 2:27 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: @galo

I just PM-ed Patrick, KaM and Dev about a suspicious poster, and that "suspicious name" is now gone...AND, it was in the "New users intro" forum, not the main. Sorry about that

I'm not sure, but I hope there is nothing wrong.. any idea about nottamiata?

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2019 2:31 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @galo

I will keep a look out.  I don't doubt you seen something.  I think Ispy  also alluded to seeing something like a PayPal link. 

Too early to tell but if anyone sees anything suspicious its probably best to take a screen image.  It could be coming from our own browsers and not from this site. 

Some of the other sites that branched off VS accused them infiltrating their new site with spam and other disruptions.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2019 2:45 pm
Page 11 / 14
Share: