Notifications
Clear all

Issues and Suggestions

Page 10 / 14
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Yes that would be a great tribute.   We should have some kind of caption like "in memory of" or something like that.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2019 1:03 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @dev

Yes that would be a great tribute.   We should have some kind of caption like "in memory of" or something like that.  

Yep.  That would be good.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2019 4:16 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Yes...do this. On the 1st iteration of mr2-spyder, we had a tribute to Ed Black(I think that was his name). Maybe something similar...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2019 5:58 pm
Mark G
(@mark-g)

I just had a very difficult time logging in from my tablet for the first time. I got about 10 screens asking me to check the pics with buses, cars, stop lights, terrorists, etc. Then it told me my password was wrong after all that.  So I went through then process again with about 5 screen puzzles. Whatever.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 30, 2019 7:59 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @mark-g

I just had a very difficult time logging in from my tablet for the first time. I got about 10 screens asking me to check the pics with buses, cars, stop lights, terrorists, etc. Then it told me my password was wrong after all that.  So I went through then process again with about 5 screen puzzles. Whatever.

If it was a new device, it might not have been cookied yet.  Or maybe you were in an incognito window?  Not sure, but glad you were able to log in eventually.  We will have to see if that becomes more common.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 12:52 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Date format has been fixed.  Apparently, in wpforo, they are hardcoding the date format in the post theme file.  I was able to override that in a safe way that still lets us upgrade in the future and without editing the wpforo code directly.

As for the first unread post...  That's a feature that will have to come with the forum software when they add that feature.  I could look into trying to write a plugin myself to accomplish this, but I don't know if I have enough time right now.  I'll keep working on this though.

One bit of info is that I would have liked to see this forum software written in a much more modular way to make things like simple data formatting easy as well as other things.  It's not surprising, but still disappointing nonetheless.  That said, just about ALL of the forum software is a bit "unprofessional" like that.  So this one seems to do just about all that we need and it does have the ability to be expanded upon.  I'll look at the DB  Schema next to see what kind of effort it would be to create a feature like that.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 11:42 am
Patrick Lipp reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Get used to it, Mark. I'm down to one "check the???" every time I login.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 2:38 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

@lordtakuban

yes it is very common, sometimes it agrees I'm not a robot then asked me to check the box with the what ever.

I still thing it's worth it though. kind of like a maze or wall you have to get by.

sometimes it's even fun.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 2:48 pm
Mark G
(@mark-g)

Happened again. The site is harder to log in to than any I've ever tried. If it helps my browser is kiwi, and I'm on a Samsung Tab S2.  I don't want to use Chrome - too much data sharing, and Firefox is terrible on this platform.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 6:55 pm
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Just came across this post. LMK PayPal link.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2019 7:45 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kamlung

since we are starting a new month, any objections to nominating xbiker as the new COTM picture on the main page?  i think it would be a nice tribute... 

No photo description available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2019 10:26 am
Patrick Lipp, CSPIDY, dev and 2 people reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Great idea to honor x-biker with COTM.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2019 11:49 am
Patrick Lipp reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

That pic will work, phats 👍 👍 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2019 6:23 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Happened again. The site is harder to log in to than any I've ever tried. If it helps my browser is kiwi, and I'm on a Samsung Tab S2.  I don't want to use Chrome - too much data sharing, and Firefox is terrible on this platform.

I have a feeling this might be something specific to tablets and them not storing cookies in some particular way.  I'll see what I can dig up about sessions or other login solutions to ease the pain with this.  It has been working fine for me on firefox on a PC.  I'll experiment with my phone and an ipad or two and see if I can figure out a work-around if nothing else.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2019 7:56 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

All,

As the admin I receive emails when new users join the forum. I have seen an influx of new users over the last few days with emails that end in .ru. These emails are pretty universally known to be spam accounts. Luckily, they are not setting passwords/verifying their accounts so there hasn't been any issues as of yet, but stay on the lookout! I hope we don't have any issues, but if it starts to get to that point, things may need to be updated/changed again to increase the security to prevent issues like the previous iteration.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2019 8:02 pm
Galo, KaM and neomr2 reacted
Page 10 / 14
Share: