Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Issues and Suggestions

Page 14 / 14
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Hi,

Would it be possible to expire the page when we successfully post an edit, reply, etc.?Β 

Stupid Back Button takes user back to the editor, causes double posts and other incoherence, makes user's brain explode.

The back button is reason #764 why I ran away from web development, LOL.

Regardless, thanks for all your hard work and keeping the lights on!

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2020 5:47 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

This just hit me.... Literally... In the eyeballs. Late night insomnia check through the forums I frequent most.... And this one damn near blinds me. I have all the rest set to dark mode. Any chance of something like that here?

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2020 1:58 am
LordTakuban reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin
Posted by: @marsrock7

This just hit me.... Literally... In the eyeballs. Late night insomnia check through the forums I frequent most.... And this one damn near blinds me. I have all the rest set to dark mode. Any chance of something like that here?

I'll check and see if we can add that.Β  TBH, I thought we already had that option.Β  I know I would use it if we had it.Β  And I agree with its benefits.Β  So I'll do what I can to get that, or something like it, installed.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 9:22 am
dev and marsrock7 reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

OK.Β  So I looked into this and while there is a "dark" set of forum colors, it doesn't really change the whole site and it is not user-selectable.Β  I'll keep trying to find a soultion, but it does not look that good at the moment.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 9:50 am
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Thank you everyone for your efforts.Β  PayPal at the ready.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 10:28 am
marsrock7 reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

There are some costs associated with running this site.Β  There are annual costs for some plugins and a few misc things like the domain name.Β  I would have the hosting anyway, so it's hard to really quantify that.Β  All-in-all, the total cost to keep the site up and running for a year is less than a couple hundred bucks.Β  That's one reason I haven't been in favor of any fund raising.Β  The other is that it is a bit much to keep track of and in the event that there ever became a large surplus of funds, dealing with that can be tricky.

Β 

Anyway, That was a long way of saying, I appreciate all offers to help fund the site.Β  But as of now, that is not necessary.Β  I enjoy being able to give back to the community.

Β 

PS: I do not want to speak for the others involved with running this site.Β  These are just my thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2020 11:44 am
CSPIDY reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

LT, who cares what you think...uh, I DO! You know we appreciate all EVERYONE does. If it ever comes to it, you know we're here.

So there...

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 3:20 pm
LordTakuban reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I appreciate this site. Β  I’m happy to contribute if/when it’s needed.

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 6:30 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thanks L.T.Β  I understand the importance of wanting to give back to the community and wouldn't want to take that from you - or anyone.Β  Just know that if your situation changes and you need/want us to chip-in, there are many of us who are ready, willing, and able to do so.Β  Until that time, thank you to you, Patrick and Dev for all that y'all do to keep the lights on in this house.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 8:33 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Page 14 / 14
Share: