Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Apexi PFC Tuning

Patrick Lipp
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

I'm making a series of videos based around Co-Pilot and tuning the PFC. The first video is based solely around getting it setup for data acquisition. Video two will be focused on setup for AutoTuning fueling based on the AFR map, and lastly i'll be doing Ignition timing. If I decide to go for a fourth video, it'll be about the more advanced settings and configurations, but that's TBD. For now, here's the first.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

Topic starter Posted : January 9, 2021 2:30 am
marsrock7 liked
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Reputable Member

Thank you for this/these, Patrick! Many years ago, Tbone and I met up with blackcreek in Batesville IN. He was going to tell me how to "use" co-pilot. He started with  "don't say a word, just listen(somewhat paraphrased)(God love ya, Jim 😀 )"... 🤨 😀 😳 

I look forward to watching these!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 15, 2021 1:56 am
Patrick Lipp
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

Video 2 of the series. I talk about autotuning fuel. The funny thing is, while I'm doing this series, I'm not even extensively tuning my car. 😆 This is all exercise and practice for when I throw the turbo on the car and have to tune it for that. 

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 17, 2021 11:44 am
marsrock7 liked
Patrick Lipp
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

Third video that goes over ignition timing auto tuning.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 28, 2021 11:03 am
marsrock7 liked
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

Hey Patrick - thanks for these videos.  Not a lot of people doing these.  When I have some real time I will sit down and take some notes.  I wanted to avoid having to learn how to tune this car myself but I see why I have to.

I just got back from a tuning session today (spent $600) and it made me realize just how much work goes into tuning a car.  I was talking to some people there that had some serious power (Turbo Fox Body, Skyline), and it was their 3rd or 4th tune!

They got rid of the knock and turned down some of the timing.  I had to give up my 5500rpm lift because of a serious dip in torque.

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 8:45 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

This is a great idea.  I remember it took me a while to get used to what I was supposed to do with it.  It took a few calls with Kevin to get me on the right path.  The hardest part about the whole process is coming up with your target maps.  I'll be sure to check out your videos to see if there is something I haven't been using.  Then again, it will still be along time before my car is running again.  hahaha

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 18, 2021 12:10 pm
Share: