Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Door trigger

Page 3 / 3
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Anyone know how the domelight is wired? How does it turn on when doors opens or turn on via switch when door is closed?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 26, 2019 9:24 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

The interior light switch (dome light) receives its voltage via fuse DOME (10A). 

The switch has the fused voltage applied to one side of the lamp and the other side of the lamp is connected to the 3 position switch;

off - switch position is open circuited,

on - switch position is connected to ground,

door - the ground is supplied to the lamp via either door switch when the door is opened; the door switch opens when the door is closed and the ground is removed and the switch closes when the door is open and the ground is applied.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 7:16 am
hello reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

@neomr2

2C523D4D 93F1 46D0 BD88 7AD2C2BE285A

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 8:12 am
hello reacted
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

@cyclehead

Yep, it looks like I needed to add that one door switch runs through a separate diode and the other runs through the display diode.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 10:47 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @neomr2

The interior light switch (dome light) receives its voltage via fuse DOME (10A). 

The switch has the fused voltage applied to one side of the lamp and the other side of the lamp is connected to the 3 position switch;

off - switch position is open circuited,

on - switch position is connected to ground,

door - the ground is supplied to the lamp via either door switch when the door is opened; the door switch opens when the door is closed and the ground is removed and the switch closes when the door is open and the ground is applied.

This I understand but why is it that when I connected a wire from the ground on my switch to ground on car, it still thinks door is open.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 27, 2019 10:54 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @cyclehead

@neomr2

2C523D4D 93F1 46D0 BD88 7AD2C2BE285A

This is over my head -_-

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 27, 2019 10:55 am
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

@hello

You probably have the ground on the wrong side of the door switch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2019 10:57 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

@hello

You probably have the ground on the wrong side of the door switch.

Hmm I am not directly connected to the door switch at all. Maybe that's my problem? I am only connected to door trigger and 12v via my harness which has a 5 pin switch.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 27, 2019 11:03 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Figured out the problem. I need a 3 position switch. Which sucks because the rocker switch is really pretty.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 2, 2019 12:58 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: