Share:
Notifications
Clear all

2zz Lotus Coil Cover Bolt Sizes?

scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

(This is referring to the plastic garnish to goes on top of the 2zz valve cover)

Does anyone know the thread pitch/size for the 2 studs/washers used? 

I noticed that mine are beginning to rust .... I'm trying to avoid having to browse through Home Depot to find the right sizes.

scottsmods.com

Topic starter Posted : March 31, 2020 3:36 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I forgot. If I work on my car tomorrow I will remove one of the bolts and find out for you. 

I remember going to lows and getting what I needed. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 5:55 pm
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @dev

I forgot. If I work on my car tomorrow I will remove one of the bolts and find out for you. 

No big deal.  One day I'll buy a thread size tester.  I suppose I have the free time to actually browse inside of a store.  It amazing how some of these plated nuts and bolts will rust at the drop of a hat. 

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 1, 2020 5:43 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @scotched
Posted by: @dev

No big deal.  One day I'll buy a thread size tester.  I suppose I have the free time to actually browse inside of a store.  It amazing how some of these plated nuts and bolts will rust at the drop of a hat. 

Sorry I wasn’t able to get to it today. I remember just going to Lows and finding a threaded extension at the right size and a Alan bolt to make it all fit together. 
These zinc plated nuts do have their coatings erode over time.  Maybe if you find the right size we can find something similar on EBay but in stainless steel. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2020 6:23 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

They're 6mm x 1.0 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2020 5:49 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @phats

They're 6mm x 1.0 

Same as the fender bolts.  I purchased quite a few of the stainless bolts/washers/nuts on Amazon and they are reasonably priced.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2020 6:26 pm
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

Thanks guys.

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 2, 2020 11:04 pm
Share: