Share:
Notifications
Clear all

WTB: OEM tow eye

(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Ended up in a situation yesterday where I needed the tow eye, opened my bag of emergency goodies and re-learned that I never had one to begin with. Got the car moved with alternative methods but now I'm learning how hard it is to find these very specific eyebolts without paying $40+ to the dealer. So if anyone has one or two spares laying around, please let me know what you want for them!

Topic starter Posted : October 14, 2022 3:02 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Paging @phats 😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 14, 2022 3:05 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Yeah unfortunately I went to the dealer and got one for track use. Best to stick with OEM on this I think. Would be cool if you could get a used one.

This post was modified 2 years ago by haloruler64

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2022 6:50 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

@haloruler64 one can hope right?

I have found a couple of vendors who make new ones in OEM fashion with high grade steel for less than OEM price. May end up ordering a few. As long as it isn't a puny ring of cool look aluminum between me and success when there's actually work to be done. There is no place for little aluminum bits when a real load might need to be applied. 

This will definitely be an item on my "junkyard Spyder search" list in the future.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 15, 2022 3:42 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

If you try an aftermarket hook, be sure to get M22x2.0 thread.   

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 16, 2022 4:07 pm
marsrock7 reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Yessir, I have found the thread pitch on the other site (probably in your hitch thread) and already confirmed it was correct with the vendor. The vendor I've been in contact with is in Lithuania, and the eyes come to ~$20/each as long as I buy 2+ so... At least fory $40 I'll have two of them handy. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275494358690

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 16, 2022 4:44 pm
Share: