Notifications
Clear all

My new to me E88 135i

Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
20210401 174229

Top up pic is with aftermarket wheels and Conti ECS tires. I put Michelin snows on the OEM wheels.

• Top down pic is getting gas on the way home, the day I bought it, Saturday, 2/27/21. Sorry it took so long to get pics up.
20210227 145920

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

Topic starter Posted : April 8, 2022 7:06 pm
marsrock7 and CSPIDY reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Congratulations on your new ride.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2022 11:51 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Thank you, UM!  I did a lot of research, and got a 5year/50000mile warranty...these things have a tendency to require expensive repairs! I put way more miles on it last year, due to my Spyder being down 3 months. My plan is for the warranty to run out of years before miles LOL

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 9, 2022 12:55 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Very nice,

can’t beat a let down top

That blue is spectacular 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2022 2:17 pm
Galo reacted
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

Very nice!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2022 3:10 pm
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Thanks, CSPIDY! And yup, top down is always good! It's kind of a grandpa car, 'cause the grandkids like going for rides, on the close-to-me twisties, with the top down. BMW had 2-3 different blues, and I prefer "my" Deep Sea Blue Metallic. I'd almost get my Spyder painted the same, but I've grown rather fond of the Solar Yellow,

<-<-😉😉 

And thank you, turbo_jimbo! It took me a while to get an avatar up(after I thread jacked Patrick's E82 128i buy thread 🤒), but it finally happened! Without him posting that thread, I probably would have never pursued any 135i! I'd have the ~$9k I've spent(so far) smiling at me in my bank/cu accounts, but heck, I can't take it with me, right!?

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 13, 2022 3:54 pm
(@rdawg)
Trusted Member

@galo My older 330Cic was deeper blue, yours looks better in the sun.  But the 330 is gone - traffic incident - fortunately it was the only injury.  Was thinking about the E88 but prices are holding me back. Also have the solar yellow - with exception of the hood - which is gravel polka-dot 😡 

$9k in the bank today is only worth $8k next month (inflation) - drive and enjoy

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2022 11:39 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

Very nice mate. Irony for myself is I have never particularly liked BMW's and now find myself with both one of their cars and bikes. 

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 14, 2022 5:04 am
Galo reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

Rd...glad the 330 was the only injury...been there, done that with a C2 Vette and '04 Spyder. "gravel polka-dot"-...I like that!

Oh, I'm not complaining about the $9k, just stating facts. I have to work, If I'm going to have fun stuff, and I don't plan on having a lot sitting in an account! Also, I paid $13k for mine(which for a 56k miles, 10+ year old car was good), and I got a 5year/50,000mile warranty. My research told me either don't buy one, or get a warranty. The new wheels and tires are $2800 of the $9k, so well worth it, imo.

Nelix...me also. Maybe a '60's 2000CS, 2002 or 320i(back when), but the newer stuff made me puke...except for the 1Series, and now, the new Z's. I liked the "1's" from the get go, but didn't have the money. Now... 😊 

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 14, 2022 2:52 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @cspidy

Very nice,

That blue is spectacular 

My phone's(Note 20 Ultra) camera is terrific in color rendering. It reminds me of "Kodachrome(Simon&Garfunkel)"..."They give us those nice, bright,  colors..."

Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 16, 2022 9:02 am
CSPIDY reacted
Share: