Notifications
Clear all

918 Porsche Spyder (its a Spyder!)

Page 2 / 4
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @hello

@nelix You don't actually drive it. I golf twice a year but I totally golf.

Mmmm, do we have a little troll? Or just a jealous little boy?

Possibly a combination.

You seem to be in competition with yourself for the most retarded comment on the internet. You are simply making asinine comments for the sake of them.

Your maths also speak volumes about your iQ.

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 1:45 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I have always admired the Porches, I like Corvettes, it seams that every year the Porches out perform the Corvette head to head. It will be very interesting to see how the 2020 Corvette stacks up against the Porches 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 9:33 am
VintageSC reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

@nelix

You didn't read what I wrote so good day to you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 11:36 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @haloruler64

I think people edged away from posting counter points because you didn't speak in a way that fosters discussion. Your words were intentionally inflammatory and ignorant. I think seeing what you said doesn't really display a desire to have a discussion in good faith. 

Fair. I just can't take Porsche fanboys seriously.

Besides that, the lack of commentary on emissions is deafening. There are three absolutes in life. Everything else there is no clear right or wrong. But one has to ask if cheating emissions is the right thing to do (and to have to do it for like 200HP). If it's not, is it okay to admire or give money to such an entity? Are there no other alternatives? Is not having a Porsche detrimental to your life?

I will get off my soap box shortly and I want to be clear that I am not the arbiter of right or wrong. I can only do what I think is right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 11:45 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

The whole point being labeled a fan boy for anything is not to be taken seriously.  You like what you like and thats that. Its your money and interest  however when you debate it you need to at the very least win your arguments when they are challenged if your goal is to convince others and there is no better joy on an Internet forum than to having someone agree with your point of view or concede points and that is what fuels car enthusiasm on forums. Everyone including those in the minority of  opposing views become richer with more knowledge at hand. 

Why we argue in the first place about our positions is to bring about entertaining humorous  debate that enlightens those that read it especially when egos clash. Post facts and figures, bring about anecdotal stories to share about the topic in hand and please enlighten the rest of us as we are always in search of a good read. 

I could care less if someone doesn't like a particular car, I hate BMW but at least I will give you the reasons why and beat you at debating and at the very least make it entertaining for others.  At one time car forms were so entertaining most did not watch television.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 12:10 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @dev

The whole point being labeled a fan boy for anything is not to be taken seriously.  

Well, I am getting ad hominem attacks thrown at me so some of the fanboys take it real seriously. Besides, my issues is not so much the performance but no one has cared to engage me on my other point so no point beating dead horse.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 2:24 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Well why does that matter to you about emissions when the overall brand and the cars in question  are emission compliant for the vehicles being discussed. 

So I take it that you shouldn’t  buy a BMW and Mercedes for the same reason.  I don’t get your point at all. I can understand if the car in question was not emissions compliant but that is not the case. 

Many manufacturers have got caught at one time or another  with internal memo leaks for known safety issues and cheating regulators.  It happens and it’s unfortunate but if you have to judge companies for cheating to not use their products as a standard  you will be left with nothing but your hypocrisy.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 4:27 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @nelix

Possibly a combination.

You seem to be in competition with yourself for the most retarded comment on the internet. You are simply making asinine comments for the sake of them.

Craig we have to tone it down.  I would like nothing more then how we use to do it in the old days but I have to abide by the rules of the board otherwise It would show favoritism and that would not be fair to the board or it’s members. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Nelix reacted
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @dev

Possibly a combination.

Craig we have to tone it down.  I would like nothing more then how we use to do it in the old days but I have to abide by the rules of the board otherwise It would show favoritism and that would not be fair to the board or it’s members. 

Lol, he is playing the victim card now Dev. 

Aw diddums. 

Part of the reason this board exists is because spyderchat was becoming full of people like him. 

Asinine remarks and inflammatory comments with no context or substance. Then he cries he is being attacked. 

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

@nelix

You didn't read what I wrote so good day to you.

@Troll. 

You haven’t posted anything worth reading. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 5:51 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Come on  Craig . There are better ways to handle this without name calling. It’s in the rules and I have to do my duty otherwise I have to step down. 

Im going to have to lock this down temporarily until we can resume.  

I have plenty to offer debate wise concerning the emissions scandal but now I can’t.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 6:14 pm
 Dave
(@dave)
Trusted Member

Aw diddums. 

Part of the reason this board exists is because spyderchat was becoming full of people like him. 

Asinine remarks and inflammatory comments with no context or substance. Then he cries he is being attacked. 

I too thought all that nonsense was going to be left behind.  What is the purpose of this place?

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 6:16 pm
VintageSC reacted
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

Cool by me. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 6:18 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @dave

Aw diddums. 

I too thought all that nonsense was going to be left behind.  What is the purpose of this place?

We have to keep something in mind.  This place is for all enthusiasts from all walks of life and those that may have what we consider radical opinions from the group consensus possibly to be provocative which is perfectly fine to be provocative.    That is what having a free board is all about but at the same time we do have some basic rules of engagement which is no personal attacks which very  specific for name calling.  As I mentioned you can say someone doesn't know jack or is obtuse but you better be able to back it up with facts and figures.  The best way to humiliate if that is the goal is to present information, stay on topic or just ignore the exchange.  

Im asking nicely to tone it down because I hate moderators as they tend to be on a power trip and I do not want to be one of those hall monitor  shills that has to hand out some stupid infraction or warnings.  

As im seeing it right now the name calling is only making things worse if some believe there is someone playing the victim.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2019 6:34 pm
Dave reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I reopened the thread.  I closed it last night so I didn't have to wake up to more inflammatory commentary on both sides of the argument but it appears that another thread was started anyway which kind of pisses me off  because the whole point of a lockdown is for cooler heads to prevail not to bate it else where. 

There are going to be those that are going to be provocative that will push your limits which is fine but please don't name call in retaliation as you will lose and give in to a person using the rules to their advantage when they call foul.  

Please, I urge all of us to be a little more clever with your responses and to stay on topic.  

If someone wants to discuss the emissions scandal Im happy to do so since it has been called out as being a point of contention that was not  addressed.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 15, 2019 9:13 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: