Clear all

What did you do to your car today?

Page 3 / 3
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @pwnzor
Posted by: @cspidy

dealing with MWR can have some downside.

I've heard that before, but my experience with them was 100% positive.

Mine was dealing with their Tec service, my cruise has a long delay when engaging. The Tec said I had too much slack in the cable attached to the throttle. When I assured him it was not loose he said it had to be. Mean while there are adjustments that can be made. So I live with it and avoid MWR.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2020 7:27 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I haven’t had any problem with ordering from MWR but I have also experienced bad tech support that would have ruined an install. 
The reason I speak out against them is primarily because locals that I know got screwed badly, one in particular had to have his 2ZZ swap fixed somewhere else because of poor workmanship. Later on others  on  SC that I was trying to help were getting screwed by bait and switch parts, repacked used parts or high mileage motors. Some of the items they made in-house had missing parts or wiring that was screwed up. It’s just a disaster.  I would say order from them if they are the only resellers of parts you can’t get elsewhere but check the part over well and make sure it’s OEM if that is what you ordered. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2020 8:39 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

My foot hurts like hell from driving the Spyder too long. The reason is that it doesn't take much throttle to keep it going at 80, and with the way I'm barely pressing the gas pedal, my foot isn't resting or being forced down, but being forced slightly up. So this causes a lot of pain over the course of 4+ hours. That's the only reason why I want cruise control. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2020 10:45 pm
cyclehead reacted
Page 3 / 3
Share: