Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

@cspidy

Thanks,  cspidy.  Much appreciated. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 22, 2020 8:00 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Update:  I drove the Spyder for the first time on Saturday.  It felt great to be back in the drier's seat and using the clutch successfully and without any notable pain.  Getting in and out of the car was a different story, but worth the trouble just so I could put some much-needed permagrin back on my face.  That was the first drive in the Spyder since September 9, 2020.  My grandson and I have a little work to do to clean and prep the spyder for a car show on the 8th.  We are both very much looking forward to attending our favorite local car show once again as it was cancelled last year due to COVID.  Whoot-whoot!  It sure feels good to be back driving the Spyder again!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 26, 2021 5:43 pm
haloruler64 reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

very nice to here your back in the drivers seat again.

I don't get to drive mine as much, looking forward to this season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2021 6:00 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
(@turbo_jimbo)
Estimable Member

So awesome!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2021 1:22 am
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Update:  I drove the Spyder for the first time on Saturday.  It felt great to be back in the drier's seat and using the clutch successfully and without any notable pain.  Getting in and out of the car was a different story, but worth the trouble just so I could put some much-needed permagrin back on my face.  That was the first drive in the Spyder since September 9, 2020.  My grandson and I have a little work to do to clean and prep the spyder for a car show on the 8th.  We are both very much looking forward to attending our favorite local car show once again as it was cancelled last year due to COVID.  Whoot-whoot!  It sure feels good to be back driving the Spyder again!

Wait until you get as old as I am and you will know the true meaning of pain upon entry and (especially for me) exit! I must say, however, that the folding I have to do on entry and exit of the Spyder makes my S2000 feel like an SUV in comparison!

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2021 5:13 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Great to hear UM.  I hope this is the year of enjoying your car to the fullest.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 27, 2021 9:05 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thanks.  Looking forward to it!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 27, 2021 9:21 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Very glad to hear you're back up and running, UM!

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 4:36 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thank you, y'all for the well wishes and kind words.  It sure feels good to be back in the Spyder.  I had forgotten what permagrin feels like.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2021 12:21 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Thank you, y'all for the well wishes and kind words.  It sure feels good to be back in the Spyder.  I had forgotten what permagrin feels like.

I call it therapy.   There is something meditative when you are in the zone focused on enjoying the drive. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2021 9:29 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)
Posted by: @dev

I call it therapy.   There is something meditative when you are in the zone focused on enjoying the drive. 

Yes.  I remember back in the day when I had a job that allowed me an extra long lunch hour (90 minutes).  I could drive from the office up into the Sierra Nevada mountains and back all within that 90 minutes.  Granted, it wasn't way-up into the high country, but it was enough to get the wind in my hair and a smile on my face.  I would do that to clear my mind so when I got back to work, my mind was fresh and ready to dig-in to the workload again.  Well, okay . . . maybe I just did it because it was fun!  🙂

Tomorrow I will begin the process of prepping the Spyder for next weekend's car show.  The prepping of the car and the car show are also therapeutic for me -- a chance to refocus on something that is so different from what I do for a living.  That will also be fun (therapeutic).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2021 9:59 am
dev reacted
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I'm glad you're getting back to normal.

I remember getting in and out of my MKII MR2 and present Spyder, after both my hip surgeries, folding my walker and placing it between the passenger seat and door....fun times which I do_not_miss...life is good...

Do enjoy the car show!

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2021 11:55 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Page 3 / 3
Share: