Anybody have any 10...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Anybody have any 10-bit log footage?

scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

One of my other self-indulgent, not-for-profit hobbies is making machinima.  Editing is one of those exercises in creating emotion, which I think is similar to what unites us as all Spyder owners.  A lot of us have other brainy/creative hobbies that revolve around creating and capturing emotion within ourselves.

Anyways, I've been focusing more on color work on actual footage.  My grading suite is 90% there (Eizo CG279x monitor, LG C9, BMD Micro Panel).  The one thing I don't own is a camera.  I not sure if I even want to get into that game yet because I know where it goes ($$$).

Do any of you guys have any short clips of of 10-bit footage you allow me to practice on?  Doesn't need to be RED or Arri footage, just clean and uncompressed.

scottsmods.com

Topic starter Posted : September 16, 2020 7:44 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I would love to help but unfortunately the cameras I have has poor video specs. My phone takes better video than my new GFX I bought early this year. From what I have been reading video specs are now taking over the camera market. I did dabble in some video post  work back in the day when the Canon 5D2 came out but it was exhausting so I stopped. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 16, 2020 8:55 pm
scotched
(@scotched)
Estimable Member

It's all good.  Most of the work I do is compressed footage for web.  When I work on cinema footage I think to myself, "Who is going to watch this in a theatre?".  Some of the best colorists I know are lucky to deliver to Netflix.  There are maybe a handful that are doing it for theatre.  That majority of people watch content on an iPhone.

However, if you have any ungraded footage I'll take it.

scottsmods.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 24, 2020 11:35 pm
Share: