Uncle Mush on exten...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Uncle Mush on extended Leave of Absence

Page 1 / 3
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Good evening esteemed MR2 Spyder/Roadster colleagues . . .

I haven't been able to drive the Spyder much or for very long for several months due to a worsening knee that tomorrow (September 10, 2020) will be replaced with metal and plastic.  I just wanted to check in with y'all and let you know I will be out of commission for a bit, recuperating from knee replacement surgery.  Never having been through anything like this before, I have no idea how long I will be off.  That said, for all I know I'll be back online looking at the forum by Friday.  One can hope.

Take care.  Stay safe, and if you have the mindset to do so, drive a mile or two in your 2 for me.  🙂

I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

Topic starter Posted : September 9, 2020 10:06 pm
scotched and WilcoMR-S reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Best of luck with the modification Uncle Mush! You'll come out of it more reliable. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2020 10:14 pm
marsrock7 and Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Good evening esteemed MR2 Spyder/Roadster colleagues . . .

I haven't been able to drive the Spyder much or for very long for several months due to a worsening knee that tomorrow (September 10, 2020) will be replaced with metal and plastic.  I just wanted to check in with y'all and let you know I will be out of commission for a bit, recuperating from knee replacement surgery.  Never having been through anything like this before, I have no idea how long I will be off.  That said, for all I know I'll be back online looking at the forum by Friday.  One can hope.

Take care.  Stay safe, and if you have the mindset to do so, drive a mile or two in your 2 for me.  🙂

I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

I wish you the best of luck with the replacement surgery.  We will be here waiting for you. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2020 11:36 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

I would wish you well with a nice pun, break a leg  🙂 but I would like to seriously hope that your broken wheel will be good as new in no time 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 10:44 am
Uncle Mush reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

You’ll be on the road in no time.   Do I need to loan you an SMT?

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 1:40 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member

Make sure the new one has a grease zert. I don't trust these new fangled sealed bearings.One shot of grease every couple hundred miles and the new one should outlast the chassis. Hope you heal quickly and the new and improved one works better than advertised. The new ones keep getting better and materials are improved every year.

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 4:08 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

Good luck, UM. I have a few modifications too, have no fear. Thats a common procedure, and always being researched and updated. You'll be on the road again very soon.

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 10, 2020 4:09 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
(@forminfunction)
Eminent Member

Hope all has gone well, and I hope you splurged on an OEM replacement. Good luck with the recovery, just remember that once the swelling goes down pushing a clutch pedal is basically additional physical therapy 😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 1:02 am
Uncle Mush and marsrock7 reacted
 p0on
(@p0on)

Best of luck and speedy recovery!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 1:36 am
Uncle Mush reacted
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Best wishes UM.  Looking forward to hearing more from you as you recover.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 3:09 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Take care and I hope everything goes well.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 6:44 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.   I'm back home now.   My surgeon said the operation went really well and my knee "was a mess", which certainly explains the symptoms I was experiencing.  The anesthesia I was given has helped to mediate the post operative pain, but 36 hours later it is starting to wear off and I am starting to experience some pain even with the oral pain med -- which is to be expected. So far tolerable.  I'm doing the assigned post-op exercises and ice therapy multiple times per day.  Never been through this before, so it's a new experience I'm taking one day at a time and will just have to walk through.

Thanks again to this small but wonderful community.   I appreciate y'all.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2020 9:20 pm
CSPIDY, T-bone, Mscholten and 1 people reacted
(@roosterroadster)

I had my left knee done a few years ago.  I know how it is with the pain meds.. "just give it to me!"  LOL.  Best wishes on your recovery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 9:50 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

It’s good to hear you made it UM.  I hope the next few days are easy on you during your recovery. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2020 10:27 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thanks,  y'all.  Now that the pain meds are kicking in I've got a broken motivator (insert Dev's R2D2 video).  OMG!  I am not used to this low level of energy.  That said,  at 8:15 pm, I'm going to bed.   

Thanks again. I'll check in tomorrow at some point.   G'night y'all.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 11, 2020 11:20 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: