Notifications
Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 12 / 48
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Doh...

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 10:07 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Maybe we should start a politics thread? We have one on TN and it keeps the politics generally out of the other threads. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2020 3:57 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @haloruler64

Maybe we should start a politics thread? We have one on TN and it keeps the politics generally out of the other threads. 

It’s not political until it’s favoring a party or a position. It’s was simply an illustration of individual people and how overtly stupid. It’s one of those things that is not debatable.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 4:01 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

If it's directly relating to politics, is it not political? Not to mention that even if it isn't, it can spark a political conversation. Which is welcome, but I'd prefer it to be in a specific place. After moderating a forum for years, people love to say "it's not political" when arguably it isn't but it spirals quickly. Not in a negative way, but a way that simply works better in a specific politics thread that people choose to go to. Because most car people don't want to see politics in general threads.

To be clear, I did not watch any of those videos. I avoid politics like the plague on car forums. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2020 4:53 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

If it's directly relating to politics, is it not political? Not to mention that even if it isn't, it can spark a political conversation. Which is welcome, but I'd prefer it to be in a specific place. After moderating a forum for years, people love to say "it's not political" when arguably it isn't but it spirals quickly. Not in a negative way, but a way that simply works better in a specific politics thread that people choose to go to. Because most car people don't want to see politics in general threads.

To be clear, I did not watch any of those videos. I avoid politics like the plague on car forums. 

You should watch the videos and see that it’s not a political in its context. It is illustrative of a massive blunder like a blooper that is levity. Even if it was and it was something I didn’t agree with or someone else didn’t like I would not want to moderate the discussion  until it was no longer civil. A free board needs to be free as possible otherwise you will look at everything through a myopic lens. If it’s just a suggestion it’s duly noted but I’m not starting a political thread or participating in it.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 5:14 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

To be clear, I'm not asking for moderation. I don't want that. I just see that people are happy to have a political thread to have their discussions. Just a suggestion.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 11, 2020 5:32 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

To be clear, I'm not asking for moderation. I don't want that. I just see that people are happy to have a political thread to have their discussions. Just a suggestion.

That would be fine and they would be free to do so if anyone is interested. Once civility goes south I or any of the other three will have no other choice but to shut it down. But it’s not just the four of us. Any member should treat this board as their own and issue written warnings to anyone that violates the rules including the moderators. That’s the kind of board I would like to be part of.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 5:43 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

More stupidity. I know a million other  things I would raid a supermarket for, this is the real pandemic. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 6:34 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

All that touching, they will need more than toilet paper

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 7:03 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

What is tragically hilarious is the toilet paper apocalypse has spread faster than the virus.
Sometimes real life is far more strange. I get masks even though they don’t really work but toilet paper.  The first thing on my A list is water filtration and antibiotics. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 11, 2020 9:08 pm
marsrock7 reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Funny and fitting that I watched that video whilst sitting on the can.  TMI?  My apologies.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2020 2:19 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Keep it safe out there gentleman. Don't shake hands, use your shoulder to open up doors and wear a pair of latex gloves. The gloves will help you remember to not touch your face. Keep a sense of looking for optimism where it will be because its going to get boring. What I see now is reduced traffic across the board which will be great for driving especially once they shut down all of the education centers and the old slow people off the roadways. 

There is some evidence to suggest that zinc supplements might be beneficial to reducing the replication of the virus. It doesn't hurt, it could only help as a prophylactic and if you get it to slow down the replication until your immune system can generate a response. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 12, 2020 9:54 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Boy, this virus is turning the world on its head. Had to brave the grocery store today... Watched while employees posted purchase limits on shelves that were already empty. The toilet paper thing really gets me.... Personally, as long as I have running water, I'm not terrified of running out of TP. 

This morning the theatre I work at the most posted a notice they will be closing doors for 6 weeks. The mayor of my city declared an immediate ban on public gatherings of 500+ people, for at least 7 days. The city council will be deciding soon to extend it to 30 days. I'm sure it will be extended. As an hourly-wage employee of the entertainment industry, I've effectively been furloughed. 

Markets are moving so erratically nobody knows what to do. This week is the first time (since i began paying attention) I've seen a market downturn take literally every asset class down with it. It appears typical safe havens are no longer safe. Everybody just wants dollars. Today's gains were best seen in the banking sector. Thank the Fed for pumping money into them.... I'm sure it'll do lots of good for the rest of us 😒

Fear is rampant and it's a good time to start buying, for those that can afford to. But this is far from over. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2020 3:08 am
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

Food for thought, to all the Bernie-bros out there:

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/03/with_health_care_collapsing_italy_learns_just_how_worthless_the_eu_is_and_socialized_medicine_too.html

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2020 8:54 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I started a new thread just for this virus because I feel that its important. Please post anything and everything you want. 

https://www.mr2-spyder.com/community/main-forum/wuhan-virus/

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 14, 2020 10:05 am
Page 12 / 48
Share: