Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 13 / 48
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @nocoolname

Went back down the rabbit hole of my other hobby the other day and ordered another rifle.  What started out as looking for a new hunting rifle is turning into a full on build and still looking for a new hunting rifle.  I'm hoping to get back into precision shooting, but wanting to stretch out a little more than I do with my current setup.

And this evolved further.  Picked up the rifle I ordered and then decided it would do as a hunting rifle with just a few upgrades.  The full on build has now gotten underway, the chassis will be here this coming week, action, barrel, brake, and trigger is about a month out or so and then deciding on scope mount.  After everything is together, the real fun of load development begins. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2020 10:53 am
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Finished the rifle, but still haven't shot it yet.

Unrelated, my BRZ was totalled and I'm now on the hunt for something else enjoyable for a DD.  Probably going to end up with a c5z or LS3 C6 if I can find the right one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 11:07 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

HID Retrofit Kit is back on Spyderchat. FWIW the pro retrofitting community is constantly seeing them trying to steal from others. Pulling illegal stunts. Literal theft. Don't give them an inch of wiggle room to win our communities hearts. Like, I haven't even had any personal experiences with them. I just see the things they do once in a while.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 13, 2020 5:49 pm
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Do they post under an account, or just advertising?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2020 10:25 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

They've made a few accounts on Spyderchat over the years. A few were fake names. This latest one is using their business name. But spamming in the same way.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 16, 2020 2:23 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I haven't had a great day. Bought out my leased CT200h two weeks ago and now I think the poor girl's totalled. Trunk pan mangled, part of it is jammed into the wheel and popped the tire. Undriveable. Entire floor of trunk was bulged up before I removed everything. 

IMG 20200624 154125
IMG 20200624 155109
IMG 20200624 155348

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2020 2:23 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Oh, my!  So sorry to hear/see this.   Are you okay?  Were you in the car when this happened?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 9:52 am
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

I hate to say it, but to me it looks like a total loss

Assuming you're OK, no injuries?

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 10:32 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Ouch! Shame to see... Hopefully everyone is OK...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 11:09 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Yeah total loss indeed. Most likely anyway, no confirmation yet. 

I was in the car. No injuries, no airbags with both parties. All is well. Worst I got was a mad headache for the rest of the day, but that's gone. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2020 4:15 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @haloruler64

Yeah total loss indeed. Most likely anyway, no confirmation yet. 

I was in the car. No injuries, no airbags with both parties. All is well. Worst I got was a mad headache for the rest of the day, but that's gone. 

Sorry to hear.  This is why cars and your plans for them don't last forever. We try with all sorts of good service regiments only to have all that meticulous care gone in an instant. Cars are disposable but our lives are not.  When I totaled a car I was pissed but then realized I should be celebrating life you should also. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 5:44 pm
marsrock7 reacted
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Absolutely man. Maybe if it was the Spyder I'd be REALLY broken up about it, but despite really loving the CT, I'm not that upset. It's replaceable. The fact that I'm uninjured is awesome, especially with the speed of the impact. I asked a few people, including the tow truck driver who just took it away. Everyone says 35-45 MPH impact. I don't doubt it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2020 7:15 pm
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

I'd say it's totaled as well.  Sucks about the car, but sounds like you're OK so that's the important thing.  I was kinda surprised at how well I fared from my BRZ being totaled and walking away from that. 

Hopefully the dealing with the insurance companies isn't a royal pain.  With my car a while back, the other motorist was at fault and her insurance did a virtual estimate where I pretty much facetimed an adjuster on an app.  That adjuster was terrible at his job, and that insurance company as a whole was horrid to work with.  I ended up going through my insurance before it was all said and done.  They waived my deductible and paid out quite a bit more than what the other insurance offered.  They actually came and picked up the car, then took it to do an actual inspection and estimate on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 9:36 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Sorry to hear dude. Yeah I've had hit or miss experiences with adjusters. Hoping tomorrow the adjuster won't royally screw up. But the tow truck did come today and take my poor CT to my choice of shop, which is the Lexus dealer's recommended shop. Tomorrow the adjuster will look over it. 

The insurance has settled on 50/50 fault. Kinda BS, kinda understandable. From a legal point, sure. From a realistic point, absolutely not. Had she not been going 45 in a school zone and 25 MPH speed limit normally, this would have never happened. Tow truck driver even confirmed that it looks like a 35-40 MPH impact. But I kinda get it. Oh well. I'll take that L.

Considering how mangled the car is, i'm surprised I'm ok as well. Thanks Lexus.

This post was modified 4 years ago by haloruler64

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2020 10:42 pm
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Most of the time, rear end collisions are deemed the person who rear ended the other's fault.  That is kind of odd.  The first adjuster I had was so bad, he already had the VIN and such for my car and I still had to confirm the car had rear disc brakes and other very standard features.  I had the limited model that has the leather/alcantara seats and he tried to mark them as the base cloth seats at first.  Just a terrible experience overall. 

If the car is totaled, check comparable models around you and make sure you get fair market value for it.  I would also ask for their evaluation to make sure you agree with everything.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 11:02 pm
Page 13 / 48
Share: