Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Subwoofer

ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

I'm helping a friend part out a BMW X3 and in the process of pulling the carpet I pulled the seats. I then discovered metal grills flush to the floor that covered submerged subwoofers. They need amps, but I thought since they are self contained...

I didn't hook them up and I have a Kicker Hideaway. Just a thought. 

Topic starter Posted : April 30, 2020 2:02 pm
WilcoMR-S and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @ispy

I'm helping a friend part out a BMW X3 and in the process of pulling the carpet I pulled the seats. I then discovered metal grills flush to the floor that covered submerged subwoofers. They need amps, but I thought since they are self contained...

I didn't hook them up and I have a Kicker Hideaway. Just a thought. 

Thats an interesting way to do it. I know Porsche did something similar and in a way its a very good location because it could act like a transducer to give the perception of more bass. 

I actually have a Clarks transducer under my recliner for my home theater system hobby. It is nothing like those gimmicky bass shakers. This thing is also audible but its main function is to give you the quality of deep vibration. I tuned it just right so its less of distraction and more or less timed with the subs. It actually feels like my subs are more powerful without hurting my ears and when there is a thunder storm or a bomb explosion it hits hard. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2020 2:44 pm
Share: