Just a member.
Posted by: hello

What beer should I bring?

40s 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 2:20 pm
(@chrioboy2)
Trusted Member

All this pizza talk reminded me of these psuedo-environmentalist transients that live out their existence depositing excrement and invasive toxic materials on the Nā Pali Coast. I met a native man on Kauai who coached me into successful contact with the "counter culture" using menthol cigarettes and a small sack of flour. In return they made me a pizza from a clay outdoor oven, some tomato leave tea and half decent marijuana. And no, I did not share any of my mind altering substances with them.

P.s. I do not drink alcohol or smoke marijuana recreationally

My hobbies are toyotas, drawing/painting, writing songs/guitar, flintknapping, cordage, photography, riding my mountain bike, hiking/backpacking, antique restoration, cleaning the litter box and taking care of Grandma.

This post was modified 5 years ago by chrioboy2
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 2:08 am
dev and Patrick Lipp reacted
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Building cars from current to Model A, building computers, building guns, archery, kayaking, fishing, traveling outside the US. Pretty much too many to remember.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 9:28 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: WilcoMR-S

Building cars from current to Model A, building computers, building guns, archery, kayaking, fishing, traveling outside the US. Pretty much too many to remember.

What Model A do you have? And is it custom or stock? I have 1928 Tudor which I’m doing in a prewar Hotrod style.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 8:15 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: chrioboy2

P.s. I do not drink alcohol or smoke marijuana recreationally

So your a professional party guy?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 8:17 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Built a 1929 Ford Tudor powered by a Chevy hi-comp 350 with Lake Pipes and a propane Flamethrower kit. Good times.

Sold it. Someone offered me double what I had in it and well money talks. Wish I still had it. Might make another after the MR-S is on the track.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 11:33 am
chrioboy2 reacted
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Hey if you can use a bearing conversion kit on your 1928 I think I have a leftover kit. It replaces the King Pins with a bearing setup which is way more friendly in parking lots. Pay shipping and you can have it.

Almost forgot. If you are going to do a drop axle, remember that many of the places just drop them but in the process they end up making the front axle narrower. Nostalgia Sids (if memory isn't failing) drops and stretch it back to the correct width.

yep!

https://droppedaxles.com/

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 11:35 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

where are you located? do you have any reference material about it?

very interested, although my front end is pretty good right now.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 11:41 am
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I am in Texas just north of Au-Stain.

I will get the manufacturer and part number of the king pin conversion when I get home today.

HAMB might have some info but it has been years.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 11:50 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I'm in western PA so a little to far to drive, still would like to look at it, who knows.

some people saying that the 16 inch wheels with the wider tires I am running make it harder to steer.

so this may be worth the effort.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 12:05 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Didn't forget about the parts. I was out of town. Spent my first day back tearing into the Spyder.

Will find the box later. I remember I bought it off of Speedway.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2019 7:46 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

Didn't forget about the parts. I was out of town. Spent my first day back tearing into the Spyder.

Will find the box later. I remember I bought it off of Speedway.

Can you take a picture and post? Or just post the kit name and I can look up the details on Speedways sight

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 8:04 am
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I used the 37-41 Ford King pin kit 910-32115

I had the spindle conversion and disc brakes as well.

Recently moved after having a house built. Couldn't find the tote it was in. Sorry. Got it now.

Hope it will work with your application.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 10:41 pm
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

DIY projects, home improvement, cars, punching paper, gardening and electronics... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2019 8:42 am
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

I used the 37-41 Ford King pin kit 910-32115

I had the spindle conversion and disc brakes as well.

Recently moved after having a house built. Couldn't find the tote it was in. Sorry. Got it now.

Hope it will work with your application.

I don’t have plans to modify my front end,

looks like I would have to replace the drop axle to use the kingpin kit you have.

like I said my front end is good right now

thanks for the offer but will have to pass

put it on eBay for the right price it will go

thanks

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 10, 2019 9:58 am
WilcoMR-S reacted
Page 2 / 5
Share: