Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Hobbies

Page 1 / 5
(@hello)
Reputable Member

So what other hobbies do people have? If anyone stumbled upon my thread wanting a stock CD player, that's because I kind of collect music. Mainly CDs but also cassette tapes and vinyl. And I have no record player! Only just acquired a cassette player via my car lol.

Looking forward to hearing about others' hobbies.

Topic starter Posted : June 28, 2019 8:03 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have too many to mention.  My latest hobby is making Neapolitan pizzas in  a outdoor oven that simulates a bigger wood fired oven.

My first attempts were horrible but I got better and honed in on technique which has taken a good 3 months . Now I’m making some of the best pizzas of my life.

Screw commercial pizzas, I’m making the real deal.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 8:19 pm
hello reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Dev

I have too many to mention.  My latest hobby is making Neapolitan pizzas in  a outdoor oven that simulates a bigger wood fired oven.

My first attempts were horrible but I got better and honed in on technique which has taken a good 3 months . Now I’m making some of the best pizzas of my life.

do you deliver?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 10:25 pm
hello reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

we had a pizza parlor that lost it's building from a fire next door to the pizza house, (smoke damage). that was two and a half years ago, it reopened about a month ago with a new building and there is a two day pre order for pizza. it was opened in 1957 by a family and they are still at it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 10:28 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member

as for Hobbies with me I like working on cars, really enjoy doing maintenance and repairs. I do some mods but I guess if I buy a car that I like I like to keep it as close to original without being to obvious.

I also enjoy working with wood, big or small projects.

Our house is 118 years old two story wood frame with German Clap siding, keeping it preserved is also a hobby of mine. believe it or not I like painting the house. 6 different colors. have done it twice and looking forward to doing it one more time. I still have one more room to finish, cars keep getting in the way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 10:38 pm
hello reacted
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

Motorbikes.

Scuba diving.

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 4:49 am
hello reacted
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Too many...

Fishing, shooting, camping, ATV's, boating, rock crawling, and of course the Spyder.

🍺

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 7:46 am
hello reacted
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

I'll bite. Photography, Videography(YouTube), Fishing, Cars, Gardening(Hot Peppers and herbs specifically), being an entrepreneur in general, and most importantly, my family.

Also, computers and IT are more of a necessary evil at this point 

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 8:20 am
hello reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:10 am
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: CSPIDY

do you deliver?

In my best David Lee Roth voice.  One Margarita pizza coming right up.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:51 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Wow and you haven't offered me any. Friendship over.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2019 11:51 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: hello

Wow and you haven't offered me any. Friendship over.

You bring the beer and I will make the pizza.   But seriously I have been trying to find a place where we can host the next meet so I can bring the oven with me so we can make pizzas for everyone that comes.  

The oven should fit in the frunk.  It will make a upto a  12" pizza in little over a minute at around 1000 degrees.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 1:42 pm
hello reacted
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

When you said outdoor pizza oven I was expecting an outside brick behemoth made of brick and concrete..... "should fit in the fronk"

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 2:07 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

What beer should I bring?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2019 2:07 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: Patrick Lipp

When you said outdoor pizza oven I was expecting an outside brick behemoth made of brick and concrete..... "should fit in the fronk"

Its called a roccbox .  Here is more information on it. 

https://www.gozney.com/us/products/home-ovens/roccbox/

It was invented by some British guy and can do what a big wood fired brick oven can make.  the best part is it can warm up in less then 30 minutes where as a real brick oven is a whole day process.

This little guy is made to be portable with its folding legs and its built like a tank.   The rolling flame and Pizza stone was engineered to make the perfect Neapolitan  pizza.  It also makes really good steaks and crispy fish better that the Green Egg grill everyone raves about.  

The only thing I will say is, there is a learning curve on both the dough and how to load and manipulate the pizza in the oven but once you figure it out its easy and there are pizza apps that can calculate how to formulate the dough.  The Pizzas it makes is incredible. Maryland has lousy Pizza unlike NY/NJ and now I can get that quality by doing it myself.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 2:19 pm
hello and Patrick Lipp reacted
Page 1 / 5
Share: