Notifications
Clear all

Current state of Spyder forums

Page 5 / 5
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

@uncle-mush

^^ This, exactly...I’ll check from time to time but don’t read the way I did in the past. Mostly, I’ll check the Classifieds to see if anything interests me, otherwise, it’s not like it was. 

Even though the search feature on SC isn’t the best, what I do is just Google what I’m looking for and typically will be taken to the SC page I need (I use it for the MC forums as well, and for that I can usually find what I need pretty quickly). I see myself more on the MC forum (ST-Owners.com) as I’ve been doing a fair bit more upgrades on the bikes than on the Spyder- for now, I think I’m more or less done with the Spyder (meaning no more upgrades in the near future)- it gets used, mostly for work (so it sees ~ 60 miles a week every other week alternating with the Z). As little as I drive, I got new insurance (was with GEICO, now with AARP/The Hartford- yes, I’m an AARP member now)- with the low mileage I do, I saved $900 a year on 3 cars, including the Mrs Cadillac SRX.

Sorry for the thread jump.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 3:46 pm
dev reacted
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

Ad Blocker Plus works great on Adchat.  I literally don't see any ads at all... which makes it tolerable.

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 3:58 pm
dev reacted
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @labcoatguy

Yeesh and I thought the MR2OC vs MR2 Board drama was bad enough. Just came over from the 'chat thanks to Dev's kind invitation.

Welcome to the club, I have no interest in looking back at the SC nonsense. We may be just a few right now but it’s a good group with good oversight. That’s what it takes, you need someone or a small group to keep the nonsense from creeping in. These guys, Patric, LordTauban and Dev run great Country Club for Spyder lovers. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 9:07 pm
dev reacted
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

I stayed off SC for a while, but recently started using again.  Only for the classifieds section.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 11:06 am
dev reacted
(@mr2zeal)
Eminent Member

I enjoy this site way more. Very helpful members.

SC has all the content through the years that makes it helpful: just the how-to's and what part fit. I'll try to transfer some of that here once things settle down.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2020 10:19 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @mr2zeal

SC has all the content through the years that makes it helpful: just the how-to's and what part fit. I'll try to transfer some of that here once things settle down.

Thank you.  I think if we all put in an effort we can really build up this place.

Every month as it continues to improve I feel like it’s getting closer to the old Spyderchat as how  I remember it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 12, 2020 10:34 pm
LordTakuban reacted
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mr2zeal

It does have a lot of content, but photobucket kinda broke most of it.  That's a blessing and a curse IMO, as it killed a lot of forums but I think it will cause a resurgence in new forums over the next couple years with people re-creating content.  I'm actually surprised money hungry photobucket hasn't tried marketing to forums saying for $XXX, all of the pictures will be full quality on your forum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2020 9:01 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: