Current state of Sp...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Current state of Spyder forums

Page 4 / 5
(@agspyder)

How about PM people on the Facebook multitude of MR2 groups. Certainly outside the evil empires purview and it is a target audience.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 3:00 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: AgSpyder

How about PM people on the Facebook multitude of MR2 groups. Certainly outside the evil empires purview and it is a target audience.

Good to see you here Ag.

Actually I was going to ask someone to let the FB group know  and I was planning to Email all of the customers I had  thought the years but we are having some registration issues so we are bringing  them in one at a time until the registration can be fixed. Also we need to get the PM feature up and running along with some other things. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 26, 2019 3:04 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

After contributing to the old site then leaving the community for a while I was surprised what happened to the place. Like seeing the hot girl from high school was now 300lbs with a mustache. WTF?

Came over here soon as I saw the place mentioned by Dev.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2019 7:03 pm
chrioboy2 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: WilcoMR-S

After contributing to the old site then leaving the community for a while I was surprised what happened to the place. Like seeing the hot girl from high school was now 300lbs with a mustache. WTF?

Came over here soon as I saw the place mentioned by Dev.

Happy to have you here.  I had to be a little inventive to get the word out and you gave me an opening. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 27, 2019 7:23 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

Well glad I could inadvertently assist.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 9:29 am
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: Uncle Mush

I was blown away and felt quite honored when I signed on yesterday and saw my car on the new site!  Thank you.   Again,  what as honor! Thank you. 

Car of the decade, part two.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 5:42 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I just love a great sequel!  🤗 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 9:16 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Oh yay Haloruler is here!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2019 11:32 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member
Posted by: hello

Oh yay Haloruler is here!

Oh hello..... hello 😛 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2019 3:11 am
hello reacted
(@labcoatguy)

Yeesh and I thought the MR2OC vs MR2 Board drama was bad enough. Just came over from the 'chat thanks to Dev's kind invitation.

Spyderless (for now?)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2020 8:16 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @labcoatguy

Yeesh and I thought the MR2OC vs MR2 Board drama was bad enough. Just came over from the 'chat thanks to Dev's kind invitation.

Happy to have you here.  No real drama with Spyderchat with its members, it’s more of a better place to be without advertising and more community oriented like old Spyderchat. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 10, 2020 9:15 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I’ve moved content over here, and posting links on Facebook groups. I assume curious folks will join.  Ragtop buyers guide, 2GR homebuilt videos, ragtop anatomy summary, armrest crap for sale, SMT repair seals, etc

This post was modified 4 years ago by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 6:35 am
LordTakuban and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have found that most people on Spyderchat don't know that this site exists.  I often think its not worth mentioning when Im conducting business over there but I have now made it a habit of mentioning the forum without pushing it on anyone and to my surprise they join.  

Once we reach 200 members I will supercharge the forum by going to my selling account email and sending an email bomb for this forum. 

I also found pictures from previous write ups in the past that I thought were lost because of Photobucket.  I think its time that I also do my part and post them here.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 11, 2020 9:00 am
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I loved the old S.C. but just can't go there any more.  I have problems with "Figure-Ground Visual Processing" and all the clutter due to the ads and skins they use makes it an unenjoyable experience for me.  I am grateful to the visionaries who put this place together and who keep it running -- and for the sense of community here (and still developing) that is like S.C. was in the good 'ol days.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 10:54 am
CSPIDY and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @uncle-mush

I loved the old S.C. but just can't go there any more.  I have problems with "Figure-Ground Visual Processing" and all the clutter due to the ads and skins they use makes it an unenjoyable experience for me.  I am grateful to the visionaries who put this place together and who keep it running -- and for the sense of community here (and still developing) that is like S.C. was in the good 'ol days.

Not to be competitive with SC however  they do have more activity but if you look deep into what is it that you are actually seeing  is more of the same  lot of bickering, grandstanding, repeated questions from idiot owners and poor responses. There is no sense of community just the same old never ending question and answer problem solving that usually never comes to a conclusion.  I see poor choices that could have been avoided but now they have been rehashed. At one time we could have said that its still a resource but now the search engine is broken also.  Its not just on Spyderchat as many other forums and stuff on the internet have been vanished because we believed it would be there forever. The forums that are community or single owner owned have kept their resources intact and the community has stayed around even when they move on to other things.   

So much has changed in the last few years as this car is now 20 years old and many owners have changed hands  but I think we will be able to enjoy each others company in the years to come.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 11, 2020 11:34 am
Page 4 / 5
Share: