303 SiO2 touchless ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

303 SiO2 touchless sealant

(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

So I thought the original thread was on here but turns out it was on AdChat. Credit to @haloruler64 for bringing this low effort miracle product to my attention. I wish I had known about it years ago.

Original thread:

https://www.spyderchat.com/threads/testing-303-sio2-touchless-sealant-it-really-is-touchless.154849/

So I bought a bottle of this stuff back when I saw the thread. And then it sat for nearly 6 months (tells you how often I wash my cars)... When I was preparing my TSX for sale I washed it, gave it a quick claying (needed waaaaay more, first time I ever clayed it) and let it be the first test subject for the 303. Initial results were as expected, and a couple of times over the next few weeks I rinsed it off and dried with a microfiber towel and it was perfectly clean again (this works on wheels too). Was pretty happy with that performance.

Fast forward to yesterday, when a friend came by to help me diagnose the MR2 clutch issue (and ultimately push it around so I could get my functioning car out). He offered to help with an exterior detail of the OBXT since he had nothing else to do. I needed to take my mind off the clutch issue, so we washed it down with Dawn, hit it hard with medium duty clay, and he wanted to wax but I brought the 303. I said "hold my beer" and done with sealant in under 10 minutes. 

signal 2020 08 03 204432

Again, happy with how it came out, but the real test was today. I got sent to a job site which is still an active construction zone, and it's been raining in the area recently. The "roads" around the site were trash and there was lots of rough terrain and mud everywhere. Almost a good thing the clutch is dead in the MR2 otherwise the drive up at 6am with the top down (only good time of day for it in August around here) would have been too tempting to pass, and the end of that drive would have been... Bad. 

Needless to say.... The car got dirty. Really dirty... Although, less dirty than I expected to see after the kind of terrain I took on. So, I decided to see just how well this 303 sealant keeps stuff from sticking... And I am extremely impressed with the results. When I got home I just hit the whole car with a high pressure jet from the hose, broke all the mud and rock up and off the car.... Got a microfiber towel and wiped it all down. Simple as that. 

IMG 20200803 163549

Dirty

IMG 20200803 164817

Rinsed

IMG 20200803 170829

Dried.

303 SiO2 is the Devil, Bobby!

At least, it's that simple on the parts of the car that got sealed...

IMG 20200803 170628

Sealed vs unsealed, same paint surface.

Don't believe the car was very dirty? My driveway was clean when I left this morning...

IMG 20200803 170404
IMG 20200803 170514

Never believed something like this could work so well. I'm sold. I've done a sedan and a wagon with 32oz bottle so far, and I think there might be just enough left to do the MR2. I'll be keeping this product on hand in the future. Maybe my cars *can* stay clean looking after all...

Oh, and it does keep rain off your windshield every bit as good as rainX, but without the trouble of applying rainX, or adding it to your wiper fluid. 

Now the only remaining test is longevity. I'm gonna be on that same job site for a week at minimum, but now that I know where I'm going I won't have to go through so much mud. I'll let it collect a few days and couple hundred miles worth of dirt before rinsing it off again. And I'll report back on how this does over the next several months.

Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2020 10:17 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Great to hear! Try using less, it should last you a long time. Just a few sprays per panel, works just as well. And yes, it's so good for rain! Barely need wipers. 

For what it's worth, 8 months after it was applied my Lexus was still beading. Not NEARLY as much, I'd consider it worn off, but still... a little there. Longevity is solid for ease of use. I can't wait to wash my Mazda and apply this stuff.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2020 10:24 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Even with the amount I applied, which was fairly heavy, I feel I got my money's worth. Now that I'm getting used to it I can probably thin it out a bit more, I just didn't want it to end up being "patchy" if I didn't spray quite evenly, but it seems to spread pretty far. Working from top down, the bottoms of panels may not even need much, if any, by the time multiple applications have gone by from the further up areas. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 3, 2020 10:32 pm
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I got this stuff a while back when someone in the Spyder group mentioned it. Worked really well. So well my wife used it on our shower's glass door. 

I've ordered a second thing of it since then. Tired of having to search for the bottle my wife "borrows". 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2020 7:12 pm
Uncle Mush and marsrock7 reacted
Share: