Temporary place to ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Temporary place to go incase of an outage.

Page 1 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Just incase this site goes down or is in the middle of an upgrade I have a place where we can re-group until we are back online. 

You just need to go to our UK sister site and look at the events page for the US regional. With the help of the MR2ROC staff I set this up years ago because I knew one day VS is going to make life miserable and we needed a place to regroup.  

Here is the link.  

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?board=125.0

Incase anyone forgets the link no worries  just go to MR2ROC and you can find us.   

Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2019 9:08 am
WilcoMR-S and hello reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

Just a heads up ..... ROC censors post . 

I've been hanging out over there and got in a discussion , they didn't like what I said or how I said it I guess . So they started an attack and of course I was defending what I said and the whole thing got blown out of proportion , there were several post . So I get a message chastising me then I go to the thread and it was like it never happened . One of the administrators had deleted most of the post and the one he left they had edited it , took words out and made it say something I didn't .   

Here's a link to the thread , post #39 is the one he edited , it even says so by the post count # unless they deleted that ....Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 05:21 by shnazzle  #39

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67481.25

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:17 am
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

Not been on for years, since my second life ban. 😆 

I need to be reincarnated twice now if I want to rejoin.

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:24 am
(@johnvz)

ROC  do clean up threads in a effort to try keep them on topic. You should have seen what happened when I posted a pic of some pigeons lurking round my car looking to drop on it - the discussion went from illegal bird shooting, poisoning etc to the legality of different traps etc etc for like PAGES.. one of the mods got in touch and asked if I wanted my readers ride thread cleaned up and I gratefully accepted.  

The mods also do their jobs as best they can to keep things clean and relatively pleasant, it's an environment that the mods try to maintain as not everyone understands cordial discussion and debate. In the event they get it wrong, then don't feel that you can't raise it with them and ask for the restoration of a thread or topic etc.. but the point is everyone is human and is trying their best to keep things on track and relatively pleasant. If you want to cuss somebody out then it's probably not the right environment. Hope that helps to explain what they're trying to do - as I'm sure you're aware everyone on ROC really welcomes you folks from across the pond to hang out and or join in whenever you want. 

Oh and by the way that edit on the post you're referring to was also partly me, I put a link to your Spyderchat thread in an effort to answer the initial question - the request came back to help keep the thread on topic from one of the mods. Which is fine. Also bear in mind the thread that you were commenting on, the OP was talking about delivering a copy of the TRD brace for a mere pittance - this is behavior which we try and encourage as it really kind and generous, maybe bear that in mind when putting in suggestions in terms of the style of delivery?

This post was modified 5 years ago by johnvz
ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:30 am
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Nelix

Not been on for years, since my second life ban. 😆 

I need to be reincarnated twice now if I want to rejoin.

Just couldn't believe ROC  did that sort of thing ..... that was one of "old man" biggest concerns about SC . Now I've seen it happen with my own eye's .

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:33 am
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: johnvz

ROC  do clean up threads in a effort to try keep them on topic. You should have seen what happened when I posted a pic of some pigeons lurking round my car looking to drop on it - the discussion went from illegal bird shooting, poisoning etc to the legality of different traps etc etc for like PAGES.. one of the mods got in touch and asked if I wanted my readers ride thread cleaned up and I gratefully accepted.  

The mods also do their jobs as best they can to keep things clean and relatively pleasant, it's an environment that the mods try to maintain as not everyone understands cordial discussion and debate. In the event they get it wrong, then don't feel that you can't raise it with them and ask for the restoration of a thread or topic etc.. but the point is everyone is human and is trying their best to keep things on track and relatively pleasant. If you want to cuss somebody out then it's probably not the right environment. Hope that helps to explain what they're trying to do - as I'm sure you're aware everyone on ROC really welcomes you folks from across the pond to hang out and or join in whenever you want. 

Oh and by the way that edit on the post you're referring to was also partly me, I put a link to your Spyderchat thread in an effort to answer the initial question - the request came back to help keep the thread on topic from one of the mods. Which is fine. Also bear in mind the thread that you were commenting on, the OP was talking about delivering a copy of the TRD brace for a mere pittance - this is behavior which we try and encourage as it really kind and generous, maybe bear that in mind when putting in suggestions in terms of the style of delivery?

Censorship is just wrong plus deleting words from my sentence is the worst . There was no cussing , just my opinion . Plus he was saying I said stuff that I didn't , which he apologized for but that got deleted . 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:40 am
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

Cleaning up a thread is one thing, editing a members post to change the context is totally different and should never occur.

Cranky, cantankerous, sarcastic Scottish git whose interests are beer, cars, motorbikes and scuba diving.
Currently driving a 2018 sapphire blue Porsche 718 Boxster and riding a 2020 BMW S1000R Sport..

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:43 am
(@johnvz)
Posted by: phats

Censorship is just wrong plus deleting words from my sentence is the worst . There was no cussing , just my opinion . Plus he was saying I said stuff that I didn't , which he apologized for but that got deleted . 

Fair enough - I absolutely agree with you that editing your words to say something you didn't is wrong - have you brought it up with the mods? It could likely be an honest mistake and please bear in mind these guys do everything out of charity.. so if one of them is massively rushed due to family commitments and makes a mistake then it's ok to point it out, but do give them a chance to fix it. 

Anyway - just trying to be helpful here and point out that ROC isn't being run by a bunch of people who have ill intent, do stick around and get to know people 😀 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:53 am
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

Cleaning up a thread is one thing, editing a members post to change the context is totally different and should never occur.

I probably should post the message I received and my reply before they " clean up " my messages .

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 11:57 am
Nelix reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

Fair enough - I absolutely agree with you that editing your words to say something you didn't is wrong - have you brought it up with the mods? It could likely be an honest mistake and please bear in mind these guys do everything out of charity.. so if one of them is massively rushed due to family commitments and makes a mistake then it's ok to point it out, but do give them a chance to fix it. 

Anyway - just trying to be helpful here and point out that ROC isn't being run by a bunch of people who have ill intent, do stick around and get to know people 😀 

I think you may be trying to get me banned over there .....

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 12:46 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I probably should post the message I received and my reply before they " clean up " my messages .

Please do.  If someone violated your space and changed your words I will not stand for it. If they stand as a group justifying these actions I will find another place to go if we have an outage.  

Spyderchat has done this also and I put up a fight at the time with the admin that did it and he was reprimanded by the super admin.  

Spyderweb did something like this also which was unacceptable. These actions are usually done by  persons who may represent the board but it is generally does not represent everyone and it is unfortunate.  Otherwise the people on MR2ROC are a good group of people.  

Im going over-there to find out why they altered your words. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2019 12:50 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

So here's the meassage .... the post they deleted I don't have of course . 

Hi, 

This discussion around the braces now needs to end. 
You've posted a pic of yours, by which you've entirely proved the point I was trying to make. 
Your car is clearly used for race purposes. Race cars have entirely different needs. 

Carolyn's brace is for people who want to fit it easily, keep their frunk plastics (possibly) and their frunk lid, but still want SOME extra rigidity. 

You need to adjust your posting style and the snide comments. They're just not helpful. What you call "pussy footing", we call being patient, respectful and helpful. 
I think we can conclude (again) that you're absolutely right, and trust me, Carolyn knows exactly what a racing brace should look like. But she's catering to the requests of most users. 
I would post your brace in the Motorsport section, dedicated to those who do need to have their kit entirely track-focused. 

So once again, you've clearly got knowledge that we'd love to have onboard, but please adjust to a more helpful style and use alternative boards for technical discussions for race gear etc.

Cheers
Patrick

My reply ...

Hey ..

I always thought discussion was good and that is what car forums are for but I will keep that in mind .

I posted the pic of the brace that I'm working on to show that I don't use slots on bracing and that I use aluminum or stainless and that I actual do build things . I know that it is not a feasible brace for the masses 
, that is why I was using your words that it wasn't for mere Mortals . And again you are reading more into my post than I type . And it is not a race car , it will never see a race track , I just like to build thing that are different . As you can see in the pic the gas tank is up front and the plan is to duct the air flow thru the hood and I'd love to polish all the aluminum .

I understand she is trying to build a brace for the masses and that you do things different for those purposes. I've read the thread and know she wants to keep the plastics as she should . But it's still my opinion that she should use holes and either stainless or aluminum and I think that should be part of the discussion .

Maybe I need to adjust my posting style but I didn't start the snide remarks ... the guy who was trying to make me look stupid with the "nuts" comment started that . The "pussy footing " comment was me saying I'll be less direct next time ... guess you didn't see the LOL that followed . I think this whole thing just got blown way out of proportion , Sorry if I offended anyone !!!

Randy 

His reply ...

I appreciate your note Randy. It makes sense. We'd still be keen to see what you've built in a Reader's Ride, regardless of whether it will hit the track or not. It's kind of like leethesparky's car (SpyderLee). It looks the part but will likely never be used in ernest. 

I will ask Carolyn if she'd like to explain why she chose the design she chose. Same reason I gave you; to inform others. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks again for understanding. I wish discussions like these were always met with your level of compliance haha. But then I'd be out of a job... 

Take care, 
Patrick

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 1:01 pm
Nelix
(@nelix)
Estimable Member

ROC was getting extremely PC before my first life ban, it was catering to those that wanted it to go in that direction, so it is unsurprising to me to read the above.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 1:07 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Interesting discussion. 

My impression is you were an outsider that didn't fit into their norm, so any deviation from that required an intervention on their part. 

Too bad they are not open to honest discussion, which typically yields a better understanding of the issue at hand.  

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 1:24 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Wow, I am still waiting on my registration email from several days ago but maybe I should stay away. Editing another's words is completely unacceptable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2019 1:35 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: