Notifications
Clear all

Issues and Suggestions

Page 3 / 14
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: hello
Posted by: Dev

There is a registered  member by the name of hello that  has not received their activation email. 

Is there a way to have his account activated? 

Thanks

Thanks Dev! Hi everyone.

Did you end up receiving your email or did one of us approve your account?

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 8:51 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

There is a registered  member by the name of hello that  has not received their activation email. 

Thanks

Thanks Dev! Hi everyone.

Welcome. 

I think he just needed to reset his password. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 9:07 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I’m going to bring them in slow to make sure there isn’t any activation issues. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 9:17 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Patrick Lipp

Thanks

Thanks Dev! Hi everyone.

Did you end up receiving your email or did one of us approve your account?

Found password reset email in my spam.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2019 10:15 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Same here

So, any recruited members should be told to look there for the email.

Oh and this is also a test for the vanishing edit button - to see if it goes away after a follow-up post.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 10:41 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: neomr2

Same here

So, any recruited members should be told to look there for the email.

Oh and this is also a test for the vanishing edit button - to see if it goes away after a follow-up post.

Since someone made me a moderator I cant see some of the things that you guys see in regards to some of the fictionality of the forum so Patrick or LT can fix these issues. Im working on recruitment at the moment but if you could look over the forum and see what needs to be done from a users perspective  and post issues that need to be fixed we can make this forum ready for prime time.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 11:02 am
hello reacted
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

No problems joining! Please advise and I am more than happy to contribute, I do not want others to shoulder the finances alone.

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 9:26 pm
hello reacted
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 9:56 am
Patrick Lipp reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: NottaMiata

1) Data point: I also had the spam folder problem.  Known issue to you and to me. Just a data point, probably useless.  I'm using gmail, if that helps.

2) Your site is not using SSL, at least not when I use it from my phone and my PC at work. Recommend you look into that "fairly soon".  I saw a mention of TLS, but it's not working.  I get to the un-secure site by simply typing "mr2-spyder.com" into the address bar, and it doesn't redirect to HTTPS like it should.

3) When I come in on my work PC (have not tried on the phone yet), the first panel - DIY - takes me to a blank page.

4) In general, the site layout is just terrible on a phone.  I know how that sounds, and I'm sorry, but it is virtually unusable IMO. (I'm a developer, I fully appreciate the work and effort you guys are putting in, particularly as an un-paid labor of love, so this is entirely constructive criticism).  I don't know how much control you have with a WordPress site, but here's what I mean: the layout (inside a thread, not the whole site) is very scattered, there are no boundaries between content areas, where one post ends and another begins, and the editor box is just sort of hiding in plain sight at the bottom.  I don't know where to tap to start editing, and the continuity of the thread I am in is very "thin".  In other words, you can take the "flat look" too far (I hate the trend personally, it absolutely rapes usability, which is the whole damn point of software).  When nothing is distinct from anything else, it's just a pile of text and a precious few lines and boxes that could help the user, if there were just a few more of them.  UI boundaries not "clutter" any more than the dashed lines, guardrails, and signs on the highway.  Whoever got this asinine "flat look" fad going should be horsewhipped.  Oh, wait, I've descended into a rant. That's good for now.

You have valid points but please keep in mind that this is not the final layout.  Things will improve, we just need time to sort though and make this a better board.  

Its a rough start but at least we have the ability to post and it will take some time before the site gets better.  The most important thing right now is that the board is ours and we can choose its destiny. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 10:05 am
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

1) Data point: I also had the spam folder problem.  Known issue to you and to me. Just a data point, probably useless.  I'm using gmail, if that helps.

2) Your site is not using SSL, at least not when I use it from my phone and my PC at work. Recommend you look into that "fairly soon".  I saw a mention of TLS, but it's not working.  I get to the un-secure site by simply typing "mr2-spyder.com" into the address bar, and it doesn't redirect to HTTPS like it should.

3) When I come in on my work PC (have not tried on the phone yet), the first panel - DIY - takes me to a blank page.

4) In general, the site layout is just terrible on a phone.  I know how that sounds, and I'm sorry, but it is virtually unusable IMO. (I'm a developer, I fully appreciate the work and effort you guys are putting in, particularly as an un-paid labor of love, so this is entirely constructive criticism).  I don't know how much control you have with a WordPress site, but here's what I mean: the layout (inside a thread, not the whole site) is very scattered, there are no boundaries between content areas, where one post ends and another begins, and the editor box is just sort of hiding in plain sight at the bottom.  I don't know where to tap to start editing, and the continuity of the thread I am in is very "thin".  In other words, you can take the "flat look" too far (I hate the trend personally, it absolutely rapes usability, which is the whole damn point of software).  When nothing is distinct from anything else, it's just a pile of text and a precious few lines and boxes that could help the user, if there were just a few more of them.  UI boundaries not "clutter" any more than the dashed lines, guardrails, and signs on the highway.  Whoever got this asinine "flat look" fad going should be horsewhipped.  Oh, wait, I've descended into a rant. That's good for now.

Point 1 - I need to see if the forum software uses the normal Wordpress SMTP settings and/or if it's using a KRON job or a built in hard coded SMTP server - Just checked my email, it's being sent out through Dreamhost who is LT's hosting provider which means it's doing KRON jobs.. and isn't routing through an SMTP relay. I'll need to look into this.

Point 2 - I will get with LT to see about getting an SSL cert. On the WordPress side, it's a simple change.

Point 3 - Nothing has been added on the DIY page as of yet. If you would like to be the first to contribute, by all means.

Point 4 - I agree. I can change up the color scheme, and will do so as time goes on. As DEV said, this is only the start and things are still early.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 10:34 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:00 pm
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:06 pm
hello reacted
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

I realized this AM that using a direct link as was suggested to me here works best instead of using a ‘link for forums’. I’ve been using postimages.org more recently (free account) and that has been working very well. Click the ‘share’ button at top left once you upload your pics and use ‘direct link’ once it applies the URL to the pic, and it posts very well. I tried tinypic and imgur in the past, but the postimages.org site seems to work much better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:12 pm
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Interesting. Looks like I can edit most of my posts but not all. Guess it's not retroactive. As long as it works going forward I am happy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 12:55 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: kamlung

I think maybe both loosely Spyder community related and off topic would be appropriate for now.  I would think having more categories might just be overwhelming and simplicity would be best.  

I think the best thing we have going for us right now is that Recent posts button which is intuitive.  

Now if we can get a temporary picture on top it would really dress up the place. 

i vote uncle mush car because his car was on the cover of spyderchat for ages when they couldn't get the COTM rotation working... 

I haven't been around long enough to be in on the whole joke, but my vote for funniest car picture would be that now-classic image of Cyclehead's black snowcar.  LOL.

No offense, UM, your car is lovely and that's a great picture, but you gotta see my point, right?

Back-pedal: I might have my stories mixed up, my memory sux and I thought it was Rampage's old car, may it rest in peace, but if the black snowcar is the one that got tag-teamed by a bucket and a semi earlier this year, then that's not what I mean and that's a tasteless joke. I simply tried to make a play on how long that image has been the COTM over at [the site that shall remain nameless].

I mean... If we're talking funny, do a search for "Sivart" on Spyderchat...... You're welcome?

NOOOOOOOOO Spyderchat messed up Sivarts posts... either that or Sivart came back and edited his posts to remove the pictures... never the less, he's up to it again with an LS swapped "AWD Mini"... post to follow 🤣 

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 1:38 pm
Page 3 / 14
Share: