I can't edit my pos...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

I can't edit my post !?

cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I posted a car for sale, and edited it like 6 times.

Now the "edit" button no longer appears.

Did I use up all my edits?

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

Topic starter Posted : June 26, 2019 5:53 pm
CSPIDY
(@cspidy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: cyclehead

I posted a car for sale, and edited it like 6 times.

Now the "edit" button no longer appears.

Did I use up all my edits?

you broke it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 6:35 pm
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

It looks like we are going though some teething issues with a number of things. I think once one of the admins comes online it will be resolved. 

I think its about time we need to discuss fundraising so we can get the forum to work or just buy new forum software and be done with any issues moving forward and make the Admins job easier. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 7:16 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

I have NO problem with fundraising...as long as somebody named Don isn't getting the money. I don't have much extra at this time, but I will give. It's only fair, for PL and LT.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 7:20 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I have already said that I'm more than happy to buy a license for forum software and donate it to the community. A fund raiser might be good to just have reserves in place for things like unexpected costs and things like that. 

But I am completely fine with setting us up with the start of any forum software. 

Same with hosting. I have looked into expanding to a VPS to allow for some extra performance this and that would help in my other ventures. So it all works for me.  I would like to be able to transfer what we have here to whichever new software we use if possible. 

Does anyone have any suggestions, or better yet, experience with another forum software?

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 7:51 pm
hello reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

How about this and not to be insulting to the Admins here as Im sure they are more than capable but what if we fund raise and pay for a consultant who is an expert in building forums who can get everything to work with all of the features.  After that LT and Patrick can work the controls and we can take it from here. This way a person who is familiar with the software and migration can get the job done without any hiccups and if need be can give us some tech support whenever we run into a major problem. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2019 8:12 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I'm down with fund raising.  It only makes sense.  I'm happy to donate with the GOGV being an awesome form to call home.   If members feel they need a Physically tangible GOGV, I'd be willing to donate some stuff for the cause, like MR2-Spyder etched glasses or something like that . . . a limited run for a limited time.    I don't I know if that's a good idea or a bad idea.  I just know it's an idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2019 12:01 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Dev

How about this and not to be insulting to the Admins here as Im sure they are more than capable but what if we fund raise and pay for a consultant who is an expert in building forums who can get everything to work with all of the features.  After that LT and Patrick can work the controls and we can take it from here. This way a person who is familiar with the software and migration can get the job done without any hiccups and if need be can give us some tech support whenever we run into a major problem. 

So I don't know anything about setting up and maintaining a website . So can someone affix some cost involved with this . I'm sure the initial setup would be the most costly and then the needed maintenance .   

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 1:00 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: phats
Posted by: Dev

So I don't know anything about setting up and maintaining a website . So can someone affix some cost involved with this . I'm sure the initial setup would be the most costly and then the needed maintenance .   

I agree we need a plan. From what I can see this board has far more potential than Spyderweb ever had. Its going to get bad once FB group and Spyderchat members start migrating here if we don't have this place ready to accommodate the level of traffic people will ditch this place in a hurry.    

Do you think you can start a thread and coordinate this topic so maybe someone who has knowledge  can lend us some information on what is available  and costs.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2019 1:49 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Not trying to be a whiner -  but the "edit" button is missing from my Parking Brake thread.  I only edited my first post twice, but the "edit" button has departed.

I had hoped there was some kind of counter (six edits) like my "car for sale" post.   It is some kind of a timer, instead of counter that drops the "edit" button?

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2019 8:01 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

Not trying to be a whiner -  but the "edit" button is missing from my Parking Brake thread.  I only edited my first post twice, but the "edit" button has departed.

I had hoped there was some kind of counter (six edits) like my "car for sale" post.   It is some kind of a timer, instead of counter that drops the "edit" button?

Some of my post don't have a edit button , usually the first post then it re-appears  latter in the thread . 

I asked this a few days ago but never received a reply ....

I just noticed that when you start a thread the first post don't have an edit button . Then after the first post the edit button re-appears .  Is this happening for anyone else ?

Like it's not ok to edit the starting post .

Also like to say the report button works !!! Thanks Pat for the title change .

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 8:11 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin
Posted by: phats

Some of my post don't have a edit button , usually the first post then it re-appears  latter in the thread . 

I asked this a few days ago but never received a reply ....

I just noticed that when you start a thread the first post don't have an edit button . Then after the first post the edit button re-appears .  Is this happening for anyone else ?

Like it's not ok to edit the starting post .

Also like to say the report button works !!! Thanks Pat for the title change .

Welcome on the title change. I'll look into the  first post edit issue.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:01 pm
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

Ok, the post edit issue has been resolved. The issue wasn't "Really" an issue. This forum software differentiates the first post and all subsequent posts after it. The initial post is a "Topic" while the rest are posts. Each has different attributes including the time after creating a topic or adding a new post that it can be edited, deleted, etc. Both are set to unlimited so you can edit the topic and/or the posts. 

I previously had this set so that you could only edit a new topic for 5 minutes after it's creation. Similar story for only being able to editing for so long.

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:15 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: Patrick Lipp

Ok, the post edit issue has been resolved. The issue wasn't "Really" an issue. This forum software differentiates the first post and all subsequent posts after it. The initial post is a "Topic" while the rest are posts. Each has different attributes including the time after creating a topic or adding a new post that it can be edited, deleted, etc. Both are set to unlimited so you can edit the topic and/or the posts. 

I previously had this set so that you could only edit a new topic for 5 minutes after it's creation. Similar story for only being able to editing for so long.

Looks like that did it !!! thanks  , Now cyclehead can quit whining !! LOL

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:32 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Yay!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2019 9:44 pm
Share: