Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Feeling at home

Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

Added chrome ring tweeter covers. That is how they are called. They don´t áctually cover tweeters; I deleted those O:-)

All in all looking a lot more classic ´sportscar´. Very much like my old Alfa Gulia GT 1300 Junior and it´s Spider sister.

Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2020 9:18 am
pwnzor, WilcoMR-S and CSPIDY reacted
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

Very nice...that is one tall shift lever in the Alfa. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2020 10:15 am
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

@erdoc48

It is 60 y.o.  tech.! 

and btw, never meant as more than sportý cars, certainly the Spiders.

This Alfa Spider was called the Duetto, which is the diminuative of play for two. Very much like runabout for two really 😊 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2020 11:45 am
(@wilcomr-s)
Estimable Member

I love the simplicity of older cars. Very few cars still give you the feeling of driving versus having gone for a drive.

I really want a Sunbeam Tiger but zero chance of finding one for reasonable money.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 29, 2020 9:56 am
Petrus
(@petrus)
Reputable Member

@wilcomr-s

imo the Spyder is still quite a simple driving machine. More so if you chuck over 100 kilos of non essentials out 😀  and nostalgia apart, my old GTJ was way less car than my little Spyder and the Alfa Spider was/is a surprisingly unsettling car by Spyder standards. The ´old days´ were not just good as the technology has evolved in good ways too. The MR2 Spyder is imo a nice example. Morse so if you chuck over 100 kilos of non essentials out 🤣 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 29, 2020 4:18 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
Share: