Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sunvisor Upgrade

Page 2 / 2
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Hahaha.... Literally cardboard. Must've been for weight savings!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 2:33 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Apparently I’m going to be making LOTS of

sun visors!    Material arrived today.   I’ll stitch up some samples after I experiment with folding and sewing.

007E4C59 D046 4511 A252 BAADE048358F

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 5:25 pm
neomr2 reacted
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

@cyclehead

Thanks for stepping up to the plate. I know you don't like too much flattery, but you are really good with what you do and with what you come up with. Thanks again.

Now, if someone could come up with a sun visor that can pivot towards the door window, that person I would call a genius !!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 20, 2020 7:51 pm
marsrock7 reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

I made a prototype.   After ordering new card material, it dawned on me there’s no reason to tear apart a good visor.   It just needs to look better.   Plus the original visors are pretty waterproof with heat bonded edges.

So I worked on a wrap.  You would install it yourself using some contact adhesive.

Heres a photo.   My Video with comments is here... https://imgur.com/a/ytyvOQo

36077253 EF95 44A1 8439 733BEEBD75AB

This post was modified 3 years ago 4 times by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2020 3:27 pm
scotched, TxBman, dev and 3 people reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Brilliant!  What is the procedure for closing up the open edge?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 11:41 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

Brilliant!  What is the procedure for closing up the open edge?

Attach the open ends to the old visor using contact adhesive.    I’ll get my pattern straightened out and do one complete visor so I can have something better to show.  I’d like to make it so you guys can install the cover yourself.  Shipping parts back and forth is slow, expensive and risky.  USPS is very bad lately losing things.

I didn’t want to stick that test piece down hard since the pattern wasn’t right.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 4:21 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Great. Looks nice for the first attempt. now, for some "Rich Corinthian Leather" for that "new leather in your car" smell. Of course leather may be too thick. Ultrasuede might be easier.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 6:04 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @mrsponz

Great. Looks nice for the first attempt. now, for some "Rich Corinthian Leather" for that "new leather in your car" smell. Of course leather may be too thick. Ultrasuede might be easier.

Leather is troublesome, it’s so thick I have to adjust patterns to accommodate.   No reason it wouldn’t work for the visor though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 6:08 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

Applause!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 22, 2020 8:01 pm
Uncle Mush reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Hurricane weather makes a little time for visors.   I’m still fiddling with the patterns.

A803893F C785 41B9 B584 DE92B7BEC4EE

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 10:39 am
asanelli and Uncle Mush reacted
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 10:55 am
Uncle Mush reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Thanks for the update.  Much appreciated.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 12:34 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

ooh - is that a "compass" 😀 There are probably fewer people in the world who know how to use that, then there are who know how to drive a manual transmission. At least under the age what, 50?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 12:40 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: