Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TRD Stage 1 Questions

Rukushin
(@rukushin)

I was just wondering about how difficult it is to find these pieces nowadays. I used to have the OEM TRD kit, but due to unfortunate circumstances, I find myself in need of a front lip and side skirts now. Long story short my dad threw mine out. The front lip was cracked in half and the passenger side skirt was demolished on the rear corner, but still, I just about blew a gasket when I found out. 

In any case, I really am trying to look for OEM simply because I actually have the original dealer receipt showing their installation and I figure if I can find another set of OEM ones than I can hold on to that possible value increase. However, part of me has thought, "Well, F-it I'll just get the Duraflex for super cheap so I can have the look I want right now cause I'm impatient." I'm really not fond of fiberglass though. Heard too many horror stories and that you tap it on a curb and it shatters. I'm just not keen on that. 

I was also thinking about going full carbon fiber, but it seems no one produces the side skirts in carbon fiber. Also, the whole value and having dealer receipt thing. I just wanted to see what others opinions were about the duraflex kit, anyone have experience with the carbon fiber, like carbon creations or seibon front lips, and lastly does anyone have any leads on some front lips or side skirts OEM? 

Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2020 4:59 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Don't get the fiberglass as I had a terrible time with it. The worse part of the fiberglass was the side skirts  due to the waviness that shows up in the paint. I was able to find a pair of side skirts from a member who was selling. I have also seen these parts come up from time to time on EBay. What I suggest is to not be picky about color if  its hard to find a compete kit and have it painted as you gather each piece. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2020 6:43 pm
Rukushin
(@rukushin)

Alright, that was all I needed to hear to say no to the FRP stuff. Definitely, I can go for any color cause I'll be repainting the car myself. Never painted before, but might as well add it to my list of firsts.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2020 7:15 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Just saw this on facebook. It looks really nice.

facebook.com/photo?fbid=5188969111130992&set=pcb.10159311490068612

I think you need to have a facebook account and even be a member of the MR2 Group to see this. Not sure.

This post was modified 2 years ago 3 times by mrsponz
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 4, 2022 5:20 pm
Share: