Share:
Notifications
Clear all

C-One Rear Underpanels painted in 1H5 Cement Grey Metallic

LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

As some of you may already know, I'm in the lengthy process of replacing my engine with a built 1ZZ that I've had for several years.  This has been such a long project so far and I still have a ways to go.  But I am nearing the home stretch...

Anyway, while I'm doing this project, I'm fixing up some other things as well and am going with a sort of Gundam color scheme for my car.  I am using Toyota 1H5 Cement Grey Metallic for heat shields, drip tray, and a few other misc pieces.  I am also using that color on my C-One Underpanels in the rear.  And for whatever reason, when I was removing the plastic protective film way back when I got them, I just left that in place on the rear part where the "C-ONE" logo is located.  This provided me with the chance to do something a little different with my painting and I decided to leave that portion as unpainted aluminum.  Once the paint has had a chance to fully cure and harden and all that stuff, I'll clean up that area a bit more and get rid of any adhesive residue or other staining.  But, I think the look came out really nice.

PXL 20221203 225108187
PXL 20221203 225104221

Also, since these haven't been sold as "C-ONE" panels is a REALLY long time, these are pretty rare.  Beatrush was the company that made them originally, IIRC, and they now sell them as their own product.  I will probably get the front under panels sometime in the near future as well.  When I do, I may paint those the same way.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

Topic starter Posted : December 5, 2022 12:58 pm
Uncle Mush and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Nice work LT.

Original C-One stuff is very good quality. I have their side vents and it looks better than the replicas that were flared out and look a bit odd. Just that little bit of difference with the original makes all the difference if you want to make the car look high quality in a sea of cheap Spyders.  It's just like that breaking bad line where Walter White's meth was analyzed to be 99% pure and the chemist said that extra 3% is where the gold is. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2022 11:32 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

haha.  Yep.  Thanks!

I realize I'm probably taking longer than anyone else that has done an engine swap (And this is 1ZZ -> 1ZZ).  But I am taking my time and really thinking about each step of the process and adding scope along the way.  I am happy with how things are turning out.  At least my engine area will look nearly all brand new (Aside from my TRD cat-back Exhaust).

Speaking of original parts, I still have my original cuby-lid Gauge Pod that .... I forget who made those.  It is truly a quality piece.  I mean it was very well thought out and the mold is perfect.

Anyway, thanks for looking and for the compliment.  I should post some before and after pics of my engine lid as well.  that really turned out nice.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 6, 2022 1:03 pm
dev and Uncle Mush reacted
Share: