Keyhole covers. 2k ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Keyhole covers. 2k clear coat. Last batch.

Page 1 / 2
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I thought I would offer this on here first to fill requests before I start the batch. 
I am running very low on paint so this might be the last batch but this time I plan to 2k clear coat them so they will be hard and UV resistant making them extremely durable.  I have very little working time so I plan to make a large batch based on how much paint I have left which is not much.  

I no longer have 6R4 green. 1E7 FL Silver I hope I can get 2 sets.  So if anyone is interested they will be sold for $25 a pair.  

No need to pay me now or even later if you change your mind as I will sell them on the other site. Just make a request as you guys have first dibs on whatever yield comes from it. 

Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2023 8:20 pm
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

Put me down for a silver set please!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2023 2:33 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Posted by: @marsrock7

Is that for a pre face lift Silver 1DO or FL 1E7?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2023 8:40 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I'll take a set of 040 Super White (and if you have any pearl white that will fit the STi, I'll take one of those too. 🙂 ).

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2023 10:16 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Unfortunately I don't have the Subaru paint.  But I have you reserved for a 040 set.  

I will be making 20 sets of these.  One set of the 202 will be going to me.  

I do not want to count my chickens before they hatch so let's see what kind of yield the harvest brings. 

I am worried about 1E7.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2023 1:00 pm
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

Posted by: @dev

I thought I would offer this on here first to fill requests before I start the batch. 
I am running very low on paint so this might be the last batch but this time I plan to 2k clear coat them so they will be hard and UV resistant making them extremely durable.  I have very little working time so I plan to make a large batch based on how much paint I have left which is not much.  

I no longer have 6R4 green. 1E7 FL Silver I hope I can get 2 sets.  So if anyone is interested they will be sold for $25 a pair.  

No need to pay me now or even later if you change your mind as I will sell them on the other site. Just make a request as you guys have first dibs on whatever yield comes from it. 

Hi Dev . . . Thank you for doing this for us.  I would like to reserve a set of 040 Super White.  Do you need anything else from me at this time other than the request made in this post?  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2023 8:09 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

That’s all I need for now UM. I just want to make sure you guys are taken care of first. 
Please don’t feel the need to support me, although it is appreciated. Only  purchase if you absolutely want them as a durable version. 
 I prefer to only do this once since this clear is highly toxic with a limited work time. I worked with this stuff before  painting my side skirts years ago and I have been impressed with how strong the finish is over the 1k clear I use. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 3, 2023 9:18 pm
LordTakuban reacted
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

If you have 1D0 I'll stick with that. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2023 12:00 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

If you have 1D0 I'll stick with that. Thanks!

I certainly have enough 1DO to make your set.

Now comes the laborious effort to make these.  Each one requires multi stages of preparation and if I am not focused they can get ruined. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 4, 2023 9:25 am
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Looking forward to the new and improved finished products.  🙂

This will be my motivation to have my car on the road so I can sport these new ones with ultimate pride!

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2023 1:23 pm
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Posted by: @lordtakuban

Looking forward to the new and improved finished products.  🙂

This will be my motivation to have my car on the road so I can sport these new ones with ultimate pride!

So am I.  The funny thing is I always underestimate the sale of these things even now since time has gone by. 

I thought that I would be making about roughly 10 sets and then the rest will linger until they are sold out for the next few months if not a whole year. 

Believe it or not I am almost sold out on Spyderchat with the materials I have in less than 12 hours.  The times when I am feeling down especially now that Spyderchat is becoming less enthusiastic and do a degree mean spirited and impersonal,  it's nice to see the shared enthusiasm surrounding  this product even if its for a short time. These things are not easy to make because the application of the various layers have to be just right so I am going to take my time and concentrate on trying to make the best batch I can.  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2023 10:11 am
LordTakuban reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I ordered more 1E7 and 040. I plan to paint the batch next Wednesday weather permitting. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 12, 2023 8:29 pm
LordTakuban reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Tomorrow is the big day. That is the only day this week where the humidity is going to be less than 40% and not too hot which is perfect for paint. 

I only have one shot at this and hope I am successful. My fingers have been worn to the nub working for the last four days in preparation.  

The timing could not be better because the Canadian winds are coming back next week which will put particulate in the air. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 16, 2023 8:47 pm
LordTakuban reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I do not think the old paint is going to cut it so I ordered more new paint.  I want to get this right and not deal with an aftermath of covers that fall apart. It's going to cut into my bottom line but I am not in the red because of the number of orders. I only have one good shot at this so I will wait for the new paint. 

In the meantime I am going to offer a new product, the Door Isolators.  It's kind of like my door bushings but less aggressive.  There should be no marring but best of all I got good feedback from my local testers.  I plan to sell them for $6 a pair.  They are made of artificial rubber with the right hardness. Each piece I have to cut to the right dimensions but overall not very expensive for the size that is needed. 

I will send out PMs for payment and this will be an option if you want it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 17, 2023 4:55 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I am going to start collecting payments soon but first I am going to offer a new product if you guys are interested as it will be an additional $6 for the pair of door isolators. 

Here is my cut and past from Spyderchat.I have images of the Door Isolators.

Let me preface by saying I planed to try other things like a smaller 3D printed version of the alloy 910 with corresponding ramps on the other side but it was too complicated of a kit and it would be too costly. I was going to try a 3D printed version of a flexible like material but that was also too costly and it will wear out quickly. I looked at poly urethane and some other materials but then stumbled on this synthetic rubber that has a high shore rating. I tried another brands and they were too thick. By chance one of them appears to be a manufacturing error and is undersized which worked perfectly and you can shim it if you need to make it tighter otherwise it should fit most doors. Not only that it is a higher shore than other other synthetic rubber I was trying making it perfect for the application. It has good wear resistance and holds into place well with just a strip of the clear tape which I provide. It can be removed by pulling it off and the tape does not seem to leave much residue behind. Because it's cheap per piece I priced accordingly but it appears to be a good quality material that should last. Not everything needs to be made of some exotic expensive material. Sometimes the simplest things work with a goldilocks size because of a manufacturing error.

[url="https://ibb.co/6YMKbw7"][img] [/img][/url]

Installation is very easy.
1. Clean the area using an alcohol wipe.
2. Push the isolator up up against the corner edge making sure it touches and right below the rubber molding. Then just press it on with your fingers so it adheres to the door.
3. Give it about a minute to set up and then carefully close the door slowly and you will feel a slight resistance letting you know that it's working as you close the door all the way as a tight fit.
4. Let it set up for 15 minutes and you can now open the door and close it to test. It should close well. Unlike the door bushings which can require a harder door close these don't have that issue.

If they feel too loose you can remove them and buy some clear double sided tape and add a strip on top of a strip to add thickness. I used the Gorilla brand clear double sided tape which you can purchase at any hardware store.

There is a little break in period where they will feel a little grabby when you open the doors but in a very short period of time the rubber will compress and conform to the right thickness and then you will not notice them at all. They will also appear invisible like they are part of the door molding so they dont stand out too much. I plan to make an installation video once my local friend comes over. He was the first tester of these earlier this year and likes them very much.

[url="https://ibb.co/gzvWxGs"][img] [/img][/url]

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 18, 2023 2:54 pm
marsrock7 reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: