Clear all

[Sticky] Submit your glamour shots!

Page 12 / 29
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @ria

And here's a random sunset shot. Ive found that whenever you dont properly expose fuji superia or you under develop it it becomes all magenta. Prob has something to do with why the greens are so in your face with this film.

34441441 232538814003689 8452975184511500288 n

I went to look into Fuji Superia film profile to see if I have it. It turns out that they gave it to me in the last firmware update but its called Classic Negative.  

My new favorite film profile after shooting awhile is now the Astia which I didn't initially like because its not punchy but after further review it has the warmth of film.  

This leads me back to reminiscing  over film photographs  and there is no doubt that digital photography is just like digital audio where you lose warmth and emotion.  The problem comes when people use a cheap scanner to digitize their negatives. When you do it right by using a converter and a high resolving macro lens then it becomes apparent that film is superior where it matters.  I would say the companies like Fujifilm that are trying tune digital sensors to reproduce those qualities are following the correct path.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2020 11:14 am
(@marsrock7)
Honorable Member

First relatively clean shot of my OBXT. Got into some sand roads after washing her... Couldn't resist. Definitely terrain my Acura would not have handled. All stock for now.

IMG 20200726 163856

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2020 11:25 am
dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Nice car. I like the color.  

Trying a different crop. I want to see how this is displayed on a webform.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2020 11:46 am
marsrock7 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I like this and can do it in camera where it will crop off the top and bottom of the sensor and give me this perspective while looking though the view finder.  I do not think there is much resolution loss. I think it will make for some interesting car shots in this perspective.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2020 12:14 pm
marsrock7 reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I received a new lens yesterday. PENTACON 2.8/135  15 Blades aperture.   Let me repeat that 15 blades which is unreal. Most lenses have only 8 blades and if you are lucky if you get 9.  

This is an older German lens is nicked named the bokeh monster and it was made at a time when these lens makers were all about character.  This has to be one of the best rendering lenses I have come across with lots of character. I have lenses that have smooth creamy bokeh but this  is on another level.   All this for $140 .  Not all vintage lenses look good, the vast majority of them have that old Technicolor look like the Kennedy Zapruder film.  You have to literally pan for gold. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2020 3:14 pm
T-bone, Uncle Mush, CSPIDY and 1 people reacted
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member
IMG 20200803 130240843 HDR

http://zero3nine.com/files/dospwn.gif

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2020 1:17 pm
marsrock7 and dev reacted
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

I got a whole bunch of really cool pictures chasing this butterfly around the local nursery a couple of years ago

IMAG2108

Here's a link to the google album, there are two butterflies in it

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h61UfdVY5LqEyqe89

Images captured with an HTC M One 9

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2020 1:22 pm
CSPIDY reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I like that its a nice capture.  I have a hard time capturing butterflies and birds using a slow ass camera.  I got lucky this time around hand holding a 135mm lens which was not easy.   A cell phone will put my camera to shame when it comes to capturing the moment.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2020 2:52 pm
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

@dev if you take a look through the google album, you can zoom in on the photos and see how great that camera was.  My new phone is a much better PHONE, and less so a camera.

The HTC was king when it came to quickly grabbing high res action shots.  It was a terrible phone.  My Moto Z2 Force is an excellent phone and most other things, but needs to be held still and have lots of light to catch anything really good.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2020 6:41 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
Posted by: @pwnzor

@dev if you take a look through the google album, you can zoom in on the photos and see how great that camera was.  My new phone is a much better PHONE, and less so a camera.

The HTC was king when it came to quickly grabbing high res action shots.  It was a terrible phone.  My Moto Z2 Force is an excellent phone and most other things, but needs to be held still and have lots of light to catch anything really good.

I had a look yesterday. Its pretty good.  

Im waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my 200mm f2.8 . This lens is going to be epic for taking car photos at a distance.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2020 11:29 am
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member
IMG 20200810 133219542

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2020 5:35 pm
T-bone, CSPIDY and dev reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

First  outing with my new lens.  I had to crop only because telephoto lenses do not close focus.  This was at f 3.2  and the butterfly could have been sharper but I was way below the shutter speed for hand holding.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2020 12:12 pm
T-bone, Uncle Mush, CSPIDY and 2 people reacted
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I found another winner.  Nikon lacks compared to Canon when it comes to telephoto but they destroy Canon and just about everyone else when it comes to wide angle lenses.  Nikkor 20mm f3.5  AIS  probably 1983 issue. This is shot wide open for testing. The bokeh is the best I have seen from a wide angle. 

Not the sharpest wide angle available  but to its credit its not clinical as many of the new ones with too much glass.  It doesn't cover the full sensor so I had to crop in and lose some megapixels.  So happy.   

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 6:44 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I thought this thread was for glamour shots of our cars? SCREW IT! Got my first ever shot of lightning. Though wet glass unfortunately. Jumped out of bed when I was trying to sleep to a MASSIVE thunderstorm, scrambled to get my broken blinds out of the way and camera set up. First time, so had no idea what settings to use. Struggled but did get this.

DSD 8337   Copy

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by haloruler64

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2020 9:41 pm
T-bone, marsrock7, Uncle Mush and 1 people reacted
pwnzor
(@pwnzor)
Reputable Member

@haloruler64 - nice!!!

ReplyQuote