Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Transponder 2zz

ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

The previous owner(s) of my car lost the master key. The solution chosen was to cut the transponder-immobilizer portion of valet key and relocate the ignition receiver then tape both to each other and tape that duo under the steering column plastic.  With limited DIY ability to program a new key, I’ve worked on more pressing issues.

I would like to return the receiver to its position just because the missing ring around the key lock looks like, well, the dash is missing a piece.  I have the 2zz. The Japanese 2000 Celica ECU does not have an immobilizer.  For some reason I can’t mentally connect what functions the key / transponder has with the non-OE ECU.  I think my disconnect comes from the general need to program a key when you get/replace and you do that through the ECU (and master key or Toyota), but with this Celica ECU not having an immobilizer function, does that mean the my  taped key mess has no function now or does the ECU still need a transponder key to start the car?  I think it has become useless and I can return the ring and remove the cut valet key.

Topic starter Posted : July 14, 2019 9:50 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

You should be good to go with reverting  the car back to normal. Since the ECU doesn't have an immobilizer that transponder is doing nothing.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 12:54 am
Cap
 Cap
(@cap)

Dev is correct.. 

MOST 2zz ecu's no longer need the Transponder..  and some of the 2zz ecu wiring diagrams actually have you cut the transponder wires at the ecu harness.. ( its not necessary )

Safe off the wires, and put your car back together..  

Cap

You Can't Fix Stupid..

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 7:41 am
Share: