(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

🐸, 2003, Electric Green Mica

Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2019 9:45 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I have tried a few of the cheaper leather products in the past like Meguiars and lexol  which are ok but the Griots was on other level.

Their best product was the disposable saturated linen wipes because you can get a lot of spread out of it to do one full seat as apposed to the liquid on a rag but sadly its been discontinued. 

Im now using the liquid with their blue detailing sponge which worked well as not having to use a lot of product.  Most treated leather used in the car industry is sealed however it can benefit from the leather cleaner/ protector by neutralizing harmful acids and adding some oils to nourish the leather so it resists cracking.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 10:35 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2019 10:40 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

It should help. It will make the leather a bit softer so it resists abrasion but wear is wear and that is just the reality of leather seats as they get used.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 10:41 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2019 10:49 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Some things are perishable but with a lot of money and time they can be restored. 

I just made a purchase on a circa 1981 Olympia Cremina that I have been eyeing for the last three years.  Once it gets here I will have do to a full inspection before I do a full restoration while its in my custody.  

The best part of buying stuff like this is the restoration process. After its done it will make me many wonderful cups of coffee while it goes up in value. Simply unbelievable that you can have an appreciating asset that gives out dividends everyday.  

Its the same with high end camera lenses.  Sadly the Spyder is a depreciating asset but hopefully one day it just might appreciate  considering they will probably not be able to make another car like this with all of the restrictions and electronics  getting in the way.    

The engineers from the past are better then the current ones that replaced them and the middle management that wants to ruin everything that is legacy. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 11:27 am
(@nottamiata)
Prominent Member

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 8, 2019 12:08 pm
chrioboy2 reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

for leather treatments, i like leatherique products... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2019 12:11 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Garry Dean has a ton of great professional products that work wonders.

https://www.detailjuice.com/

I use his stuff exclusively on my vehicles.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 13, 2019 8:51 pm
 Triz
(@triz)
Posted by: @lordtakuban

Garry Dean has a ton of great professional products that work wonders.

<a href=" removed link " target="true"> removed link

I use his stuff exclusively on my vehicles.

I second this. I started using his stuff on my Alfa.  Apart from a wipedown I haven't had to wash my Alfa in months.

His stuff is super concentrated so you get good bang for your buck as well. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 15, 2019 5:14 pm
LordTakuban reacted
Share: