Share:
Notifications
Clear all

OEM Hard top leaks !?!?

(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

We had some rain several weeks ago, so I decided over the weekend to wash my Spyder. It looks nice again. For the hell of it, I put my hand in the little well next to the passenger cubby and found water !! I didn't think the oem hardtops were supposed to leak. Where do I start looking? I know, I know, clean my side vents. but do I need to replace the weather-strip in the back? I'll try tightening side clamps to see if that helps. Help Mike V  - is #63252b still available?

Topic starter Posted : November 21, 2022 5:56 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

I didn't know they leaked either.  Maybe the same area as the soft top, but only if the HT isn't making a good seal?

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2022 12:58 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @mrsponz

We had some rain several weeks …. Help Mike V  - is #63252b still available?

The hardtop seal is not available on USA sites, but it does show amayama still lists them… part no. 63252-17040

B16D0557 9455 4F85 843A 68EF9CA28410

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2022 3:21 am
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Thanks cyclehead. I also found the part on japanparts.com. Now I just need to find out which one is safer and more reliable. And clear out my side vents !!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 1, 2022 2:01 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Japan Parts was once THE place to get your JDM parts from.  I haven't ordered from them in a while, but they used to be great.  I've tried ordering some parts from Amayama that were listed, but they ultimately canceled the order due to them not really being available.  I don't think Amayama is shady, but their inventory may not be all that accurate.  They did not charge my card (or paypal in this case).  And sent me a fairly timely update that the order wasn't going to happen.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 1, 2022 10:11 pm
(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

Thanks LT.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2022 3:49 pm
Share: