Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Do I Always Have To Buy My Repair/Replacement Parts From Mr. T.?

Page 4 / 4
(@suoiruc)
Trusted Member

@dev

Thanks for all the work you did on this! I feel much better informed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 12:29 pm
(@not-2-old-for-2-seater)
Estimable Member

Me too!

This is the kind of invaluable information you just can't get anywhere else.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2019 1:10 pm
(@dblotii)
Estimable Member

@haloruler64

If you get the Prestone labelled Cor-guard, it is an excellent choice for our engines.  There is a well-written SAE paper on the new Prestone coolants.

Dave

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 1:18 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

I appreciate the kind words but I would caution anyone to take my findings or speculation as any kind of evidence. 

I kept this information to myself and never posted it because it doesn't meet any kind of scientific standard and my ph readings did not correlate well.  I would be the biggest critic of what I have posted. 

However one thing I know is clear and that is don't waste your money on other coolants to save a few bucks when the Toyota coolant is perfectly fine, proven and formulated specifically for Toyota coolant systems with a lot of failure analysis to back it up.  It is part and parcel of what makes a Toyota have a reputation of being reliable. A  lot of other fluids might be fine to use but you never know and that is enough to say you shouldn't.  There has been coolant failures in the past with either a bad batch or a formulation that ended up gelling.  

At least with Toyota their quality control is second to none.  Its all I trust.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2019 1:27 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: