Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Disabling DRLs? Pre-Facelift

(@edspecr)

ok, the other site only had pictures but I didn't look far enough maybe to find where to look exactly...

Got 2003+ lights into my 2002, and would like to disable the DRLs so that I don't run my LED bulbs at a lower power setting and break em.  How do I disable the DRLs on the 2002?  I know I'm supposed to be looking for a red/yellow wire but not sure which spindle I'm supposed to be looking at.  Can anyone just snap a quick pic with visuals to reference?  Thanks in advance!

Topic starter Posted : July 1, 2019 12:25 am
(@hello)
Reputable Member

I have a 2000 but imagine 2002 is similar. The wire you want to disconnect is the red/yellow in the lower left plug. To remove it, you have to lift the tab above the plug FIRST. 

IMG 20190609 142420913
ReplyQuote
Posted : July 1, 2019 12:42 pm
WilcoMR-S reacted
(@edspecr)

thanks! yeah i figured it out from the other site's picture too, tho I just cut the wire instead.  my 2002 was exactly like yours, the red/yellow being in the bottom 2nd to the right (as opposed to others saying theres was the last one on the left)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 2, 2019 1:45 am
hello reacted
(@chrioboy2)
Trusted Member

When I don't want to use my DRLs (creeping around in the middle of the night): I turn off my Ignition, give the brake handle one click (don't engage park brake), you will see the brake display on the dash light up, then start the car and you will notice no DRLs!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2019 1:59 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member
Posted by: chrioboy2

When I don't want to use my DRLs (creeping around in the middle of the night): I turn off my Ignition, give the brake handle one click (don't engage park brake), you will see the brake display on the dash light up, then start the car and you will notice no DRLs!

Now you tell me!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 4, 2019 12:25 pm
(@chrioboy2)
Trusted Member

Next I will tell you the secret code for accessing the mid range selection on the factory radio!

Or maybe how to get an aux hook on the same unit for cheap.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 2:52 am
hello reacted
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Start a radio secrets thread.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2019 10:00 am
Share: