Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Air Filter

WRMS
(@wrms)

I just replaced the air filter on my '02. Its a small bit of a pita. Thats some tight quarters there! I followed the directions that I found on Midship Runabout removed link  I think maybe next time I'll just take the box out. The directions for that are in the above link as well.

Mark

This topic was modified 5 years ago by WRMS
Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2019 5:43 pm
hello reacted
(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

It's a PITA, but if you have an Upper Strut tower brace, it's even worse! 

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 9:21 pm
(@hello)
Reputable Member

Yep it's super annoying for something that takes 3 seconds to do for other cars.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 11:08 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member

My G35 is almost as bad, and it's relatively accessible, compared to the Spyder.

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2019 11:15 pm
(@chrioboy2)
Trusted Member

Any recommendations for quality dry filters?

I used a Wix last time and it looked just like an Oem cotton. Reminds me of the old Zales commercial for a cubic zirconium.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2019 12:53 am
RIA
 RIA
(@ria)
Estimable Member

@chrioboy2

I just use the toyota filter. I've only compared it to a purolator and, at least compared to just that, the toyota filter was way better.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 7:53 pm
ISpy
 ISpy
(@ispy)
Estimable Member

I used Wix before the swap. I would remove intake tube, stress bar, electric connections, everything.  Just accept it and don't look for a short cut.  The short cuts are never shorter, the risk of damage is greater and the frustration of trying to squeeze things here and there...  Chalk it up to a chance to clean that section of the trans, engine bay,  and to lube the shift linkage. 

Prop a beer on the battery and enjoy the fact that you can do it yourself.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 8:19 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

I frankly use OEM. It does the job. 

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 9:40 pm
Galo
 Galo
(@galo)
Honorable Member
Posted by: @ria

@chrioboy2

I just use the toyota filter. I've only compared it to a purolator and, at least compared to just that, the toyota filter was way better.

How did you compare them to come up with your opinion?

"Think as we think", say many Spyder owners, "or you are abominably wicked, you are a toad". After I'd thought about, I said "I will then, be a toad."
Thank you, Stephen Crane

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 13, 2019 9:04 pm
Share: