Share:
Notifications
Clear all

AC system oil capacity

cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I’m replacing my compressor and I need to estimate how much oil to leave in the new compressor.   

Does anyone have the whole system oil capacity?!?

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2019 6:06 pm
haloruler64
(@haloruler64)
Noble Member

Dug through the entirety of the manual. All references to AC oil besides lubricating O rings here: 

Installing condensor: If condensor was replaced, Add: 40 cc (1.4 fl.oz.) Compressor oil: ND–OIL 8 or equivalent to compressor

Installing cooling unit: If evaporator was replaced, Add: 40 cc (1.4 fl.oz.) Compressor oil: ND–OIL 8 or equivalent to compressor

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder, 2021 Lexus UX 250h F Sport

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2019 7:56 pm
neomr2
(@neomr2)
Reputable Member

Here are a couple files.

Mono Craft GT-300 with a few upgrades...

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 24, 2019 8:13 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

@haloruler64

Thanks for hunting up the numbers!   That gibes with a sheet I found that also shows 1.4 oz for condenser or evap replacement.  

It also shows 4.1 oz for compressor replacement.   With your numbers I think I’ll trust the random sheet I found.

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2019 8:37 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member
383FECB8 CE85 47DB A979 EB5B42CC1A69

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2019 8:39 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Thanks guys!!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 24, 2019 8:44 pm
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

This info is coming in quite handy.  I'm in the process of charging my AC system with Freon now (or soon I guess), and the new compressor came with oil already filled, but I'm not sure if I need to add oil for the other components.  I did not change them, but I did change out the filter in the condenser.  So maybe I need to add 1.4oz of PAG oil?  I don't want to add too much, but I don't want there to be too little either.

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 23, 2023 10:09 pm
Share: