What's more dangero...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What's more dangerous?

(@mrsponz)
Reputable Member

A newbie behind the wheel of a MR2 Spyder or a newbie behind the wheel of a used 69 Porsche 911? Answer: neither. It is me behind the wheel of that 69 911 😮. Boy that't was scary. I could not control it. It was not the power, just the handling. Every time I tried to push it, look out. I am really glad now I never bought a used one. If I ever think again about an older used sports car it's gonna be an older vette. Except for the body, I've been told parts are cheap and they are easy to repair - when compared to other older sports cars.

I wish Ralph Nader would have driven the 911 when he wrote "Unsafe at any speed"

Topic starter Posted : July 9, 2019 3:03 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Having pushed the limits of a Ferrari Testarossa it started to go twitchy and understeer like crazy.  The Spyder is a superior car in this respect and if you get a 2ZZ  It makes the flat 12 a lot of  junk in the trunk in comparison. 

Sometimes vintage cars get old and some components are just not up to the task anymore with all kinds of chassis flexing.  Also back then the limits were a different thing compared to todays standards however it doesn't mean you can enjoy a vintage car especially a light weight one.  Get some sticky tires on the vintage car and it will turn into a boat. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2019 3:29 pm
Share: