The random chat thr...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The random chat thread for throwing out things that don't matter

Page 17 / 48
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Finally got some time to get behind a couple of rifles I built this year.  The one on the tripod absolutely spoiled me within a couple of rounds.  Between the Impact action and Diamondtech trigger, it's an absolute joy to shoot.

https://imgur.com/AcgRFq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 16, 2020 2:52 pm
marsrock7, T-bone and neomr2 reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
IMG 1370

IMG 1339
IMG 1340
IMG 1386
IMG 1338

garden is banging

IMG 1391

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 17, 2020 9:27 pm
Uncle Mush and neomr2 reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

I don't have any photos to share this time, but I am happy to report that thus far I have put up several dozen pint jars of cucumber pickles (dill, sweet dill and bread and butter) from cucumbers grown in the garden and about 1 dozen and a half watermelon pickles (half pint jars) from watermelons we bought at the store; a dozen or more half pint jars of boysenberry jam made from berries we grew and about a dozen half pint jars of apricot-pineapple jam using apricots from a neighbor's tree.  We've got tomatoes, but my tomato plants still not producing abundantly as desired.  We grew black-eyed peas and ate all of them, and of course grew a lot of zucchini for savory dishes and zucchini bread.  We are going through a hot spell right now and will likley have about 20 days straight (when all said and done) of 110F+ degree days.  Anytime it is over 100F, most plants here just shut down.  I've got a couple of butternut squash plants growing -- hoping they will produce at least a few squash.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2020 8:42 pm
T-bone reacted
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member

@uncle-mush

I'd never heard of  watermelon pickles .... had to google it . Those can't be good !! 😋 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2020 9:51 am
marsrock7 reacted
Uncle Mush
(@uncle-mush)

They are amazing!  Ultra sweet with cinnamon, clove, allspice and a lot of sugar.  The syrup is delicious over vanilla ice cream.  These were a childhood memory for me.  Mom used to can all kinds of things during the summer months.  I hope I did her proud!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2020 9:32 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.
There is nothing like getting a deal on EBay. I picked up an old Nikon wide angle with some damage to the filter ring for a ridiculous price. Saved some cash.I love auctions especially when it’s down to 2min. 
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 20, 2020 10:41 pm
phats
(@phats)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @uncle-mush

They are amazing!  Ultra sweet with cinnamon, clove, allspice and a lot of sugar.  The syrup is delicious over vanilla ice cream.  These were a childhood memory for me.  Mom used to can all kinds of things during the summer months.  I hope I did her proud!

I think it's the cinnamon that sounds out of place ....

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2020 9:06 am
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
LV RV

I love it when a mouse I have genetically engineered comes together 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 21, 2020 4:53 pm
DesertWanderer
(@desertwanderer)
Honorable Member

@t-bone How do you right click?

2007 S2000 (New Formula Red)
2005 Spyders (Two in Paradise Blue Metallic, One Super White)
2004 Tundra SR5 Double Cab (White with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Tundra SR5 Access Cab (Silver Stepside with 2UZ-FE Engine)
2003 Sequoia SR5 (Black with 2UZ-FE Engine)
1970 Olds 442 W30 (Nugget Gold )

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2020 2:22 pm
T-bone and marsrock7 reacted
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member
Posted by: @desertwanderer

@t-bone How do you right click?

Oh my looking for towel to clean coffee screen 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2020 5:48 pm
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Dammit the EBay lady welched on the deal for the lens.  Sent me a message saying it had damage to the filter ring. I said no problem send it anyway.  Right after that refunded my payment and said the aperture ring was slipping also and that I wouldn’t want it.  I could leave negative feedback but I’m just going to let it go because I don’t want an earful of bitching.  Decided to buy one in better condition for a fair price, no deal but at least I’m able to get this rare lens. 
This is not the first time dealing with this kind of thing. You win but not really, people change the rules. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2020 8:18 pm
T-bone
(@t-bone)
Prominent Member

Can you actually walk 15 + miles without leaving your yard doing 50% of the miles hoisting a full wheelbarrow full of a fraction of the 8 tons of stone you are using for landscaping? 

‘’yes you can

10FFE417 A75E 4AF8 980E 6EDE498FCA54
A204B034 D92C 474C 85DD E7483ED086A9
5BCA44AF 3E3E 4D39 8779 4BD4295B0634
35C12053 80D7 4CCA 84D0 19A4CF2DDEC4
ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 7:43 am
haloruler64 reacted
(@nocoolname)
Estimable Member

Finally found a vette and picked it up last night.  Supercharged, nitrous, cam, intake, headers and exhaust Z06.  This thing feels as big as a truck compared to a spyder.  It's kind of fun though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 11:23 am
haloruler64, T-bone, neomr2 and 1 people reacted
(@grumpy)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @nocoolname

Supercharged, nitrous, cam, intake, headers and exhaust Z06.                       

It's kind of fun 

I find that hard to believe.

Blown, it is like lift, only bigger, better, longer, stronger, harder... and that’s just the car. The first Rotrex supercharged 2zz Spyder.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 11:47 am
dev
 dev
(@dev)
Just a member.

Congrats on the Vette.  All its missing is a turbo.   How much do you think its putting down.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 23, 2020 12:32 pm
Page 17 / 48
Share: