I'm moving to Charl...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

I'm moving to Charleston South Carolina.

(@pattielipp)
Guy with car Admin

Well I've been in Maryland for 30 years, I now have two kids, I'm married, and own house... I guess you could say I'm living the American dream. About 5 years ago my wife and I started talking about moving down to Charleston. We started going down visiting the area every couple months spending about a week down there at a time, and ended up having our wedding ceremony down in Mount Pleasant. Once the kids came around we kept on putting it off so that the grandparents could get to know the kids and we would have helped him we need it. Now that the kids are one and three, we've decided it was time. Somehow all of the planets aligned and pigs started flying and out of the blue I was offered a job that included a signing bonus and moving assistance, so I would have been crazy to turn it down. Fast forward a couple of months of remote work and my house is on the verge of being sold and we're probably making an offer on a house in the next couple days. To say shit's getting real would be an understatement.

So that's that I'm moving from southern Maryland down to the Charleston South Carolina area. does anyone know of any Spyder owners down there that I could hook up with. I know almost no one outside of work in one cousin. Also does anyone know of any autocross groups down there that I could join in with?

www.patricklipp.com
www.mytechliving.com

Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2019 10:12 pm
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

I’m in Savannah.   The local auto cross is “buccaneer region”.  They race on Hutchinson island paddock - part of the Indy car course they built on the island.    If you like road course and Track days, Roebling Road track is fun with lots of events.

This post was modified 5 years ago by cyclehead

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2019 10:28 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
Erdoc48
(@erdoc48)
Estimable Member

Just a quick question- Charleston is in the ‘Low Country’ region of the state- so a little more prone to flooding. I would assume you’re at somewhat of an elevation and not right near the water, right?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 7:59 am
cyclehead
(@cyclehead)
Honorable Member

Same as everywhere don’t buy a low house by a creek, or on the beach!   Monsoon rains with a hurricane dump lots of water.   Wife’s aunt got her house half flooded during the last hurricane, but she lives on the marsh, with house built on stilts for that reason.

I’m about 40 miles inland, but the field in back gets flooded during hurricane rains.   

You can check the flood zones before you buy a house.   They are finely calibrated practically house-by-house.   If you’re in a bad zone, flood insurance is a nightmare.   So avoid bad zones.

I make Amateur Armrests - see the Commercial Forum. I also have SMT repair seals available.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 8:08 am
joluthgo_2
(@joluthgo_2)
Eminent Member

Good luck with the move!

RALEIGH, NC
125k miles, Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers (4k/6k), Hard Top, 6spd w/ LSD, TTE Exhaust, TTE Spoiler, TTE Roll Bar
Advanti Storm S1 wheels in 16x8 with 205/45/r16 Continental ExtremeContact UHP All-Seasons

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 7:18 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
KaM
 KaM
(@kamlung)
N00b

congrats and best of luck... if you need a realtor, but if you are about to put in an offer you probably already have one... i have a good friend down there i used to work with... she's been there over 15 yrs now and loves it... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2019 10:02 pm
Patrick Lipp reacted
LordTakuban
(@lordtakuban)
Member Admin

Congrats on the move!

Get your Short Antennas, Decals, and all sorts of goodies at:
https://takubanmotorsports.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2019 3:10 pm
Share: